Sideshow Alien Space Jockey maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see some pictures of this piece, I just hope its not overpriced and I hope it lights up that would be awesome!

I can't wait to see some pictures of this piece, I just hope its not overpriced and I hope it lights up that would be awesome!

The light up would be pointless, there's nothing lighted in the Space Jockey, his chair or even in the whole crashed spaceship.
But I do agree that I hope price is not crazy. Sideshow is making it too easy to pass on their pieces recently, hope they don't piss out of the pot with this one.

I've been waiting for a high quality Space Jockey for many,many years. I hope they nail this piece in all aspects (sculpt, size, paint) in honor of H.R. Giger.

Here's a shot of it from their contest page.

SJG-CB.jpg

What is that indentation/holes above the ear of the jockey? I don't remember that...is that part of Giger's original design?

Very nice indeed, and not a terrible price.

Is it just me or does the cannon/telescope-like part seem a bit short?

The paint apps shouldn't be too difficult, so hopefully it comes out nice and with no LSBesque QC problems.

Very nice indeed, and not a terrible price.

Is it just me or does the cannon/telescope-like part seem a bit short?

I think it's just certain angles making it look so, I actually feared this would be more expensive than it is, it's a heck of as big lump. Given that the average PF is up close to $500 now this doesn't seen bad really.

Still expensive as heck in the grand scheme of things of course but then all of this stuff is.

Telescope might be a little short when compared to the maquette below, but still beautiful piece though
julianbloomspacejockey.jpg

Back