Sideshow 1st Marvel 1:6 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had him for a a while now just got around to taking pictures .
32ed2a3548a60664a5e39045772aa0b4.jpg
c75890e54df49d4b47f193518d7f416b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just opened this bad boy and I have to say this is one cool arse figure! I give SSCs a ton of sh|t for their mishaps, miscues and mistakes but this ain't one of em! They really hit the ball out of the park with this one. It is a really cool figure and very fun to pose.

I was considering doing some mods but after posing this and taking some pics and knowing HTs is doing the movie version, imma keep it stock.

Don't pass this one up fellas...it's a great figure. I don't think I've been this impressed with a SSCs figure since they released their SW Snowtrooper.

I did more mods to my Deadpool. One less strap, more pouches, "oversleeves" back on. I love it, I think I'm done now. :)

love mine, been in a museum pose forever so picked up to re-pose last night and the hips are 100X looser than they were, swing freely in the air now. worst. no idea how that happens especially since its been in a neutral pose and not posed much in general etc

still love it tho.

love mine, been in a museum pose forever so picked up to re-pose last night and the hips are 100X looser than they were, swing freely in the air now. worst. no idea how that happens especially since its been in a neutral pose and not posed much in general etc

still love it tho.

I hear about stuff like this all the time with SSC 1/6. Not saying HT doesnt have their own issues, but just seems like SSC has a lot more.

Yeah, that's the one drawback about it, the hips aren't very tight on mine, either.
Fortunately, it's very stable on it's feet right now. Might have to do the super glue trick on the hip joints if it gets bad.

That other thread has too much movie talk already, and I haven't seen it yet. Mine has never really changed from this pose. I usually do something I like when I first get it, and it stays that way most the time.

I just juxtapose it with different things on a whim.

Decided to work some more on my Deadpool, the movie inspired me again. :)

I really liked the holster on the belt as onethousandmasks did (from the Marvel now look), so I decided to try that. Also removed the strap across the chest, and changed the way the leg holster attaches. The holsters can still be moved around, I didn't modify their straps in any way (e.g., cutting or shortening), just re-positioned them. I also changed the way the swords are attached to the back, have them crossing each other now.
I might change around the holsters and straps from time to time, that's part of the fun with this figure. :)
I still need to bulk up his arms again a bit, but that's for another time. I'm also thinking about painting his gauntlets grey/black.

This first shot is the pose I had him in the last few weeks, before I modified him further:
IMG_6956_2_small.jpg

New look:
IMG_6969_2_small.jpg

IMG_6977_2_small.jpg

I'm a little late but I just ordered one. I cannot wait since Sideshow did a excellent job on it.

I mostly stick to collecting Star Wars figs, but I'm definitely considering picking up a Deadpool after seeing the movie. Quick question... the phrases that go in the word bubbles, are they stickers or some kind of plastic insert? I'm assuming you can swap out all the phrases, but the pictures I've seen make these look like stickers which would make that a little difficult.

Absolutely love this guy! So many nice accessories!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 287
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 282
I mostly stick to collecting Star Wars figs, but I'm definitely considering picking up a Deadpool after seeing the movie. Quick question... the phrases that go in the word bubbles, are they stickers or some kind of plastic insert? I'm assuming you can swap out all the phrases, but the pictures I've seen make these look like stickers which would make that a little difficult.

They are indeed stickers.

Back