Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2nd hand worked with the trigger of the little blaster for me. Didn't try it on the regular blaster yet.

That's what I tried, the regular blaster, didn't the Ex.

It's ok because he can hold it right and still look cool, just would be cool too if he could it right handed too.

I guess maybe more often than not they are lefties, would make sense with the holder being on the left, the idea being to quick draw and fire, you're not going to draw it, throw it in your other hand and then fire, too late.

Like I said, being a righty, it just seems natural to pose figures as righty.

The armor is really easy to get off but the neck adapter is pure HELL to get off. :cuss

I kinda see that as a good thing, Clonobi, taking the head off took the neck every time and it's a ^^^^^ getting the neck back on with the 2 layers of neck cloth on Clonobi.

Ok, major heat warning: if you have a super intense hairdryer (as mine apparently is), be careful to direct the heat to where you want to bend the chest or other armor.....I just did my chest armor and it bent a pic of the pec area...hard to tell when you are doing it so be careful....

What part warped -- your pics look fine? Did you heat on the outside of the armor or from the inside?

quick question about the hot water trick (for the chest armor) does it affect the paint on the armor at all? I am not that worried about the ST but I have some concern for the upcoming sand trooper with all the weathering it has. (I am just assuming that Sandtrooper would have the same fixes needed as the stormtrooper.)

I got mine last night. He is not very loose and stands on his own easily. My only beef is that the stock of his blaster is broken and the magnet to his holster strap is gone.

Great figure and will look awesome with Vader.

My magnet had fallen out of the holster as well but was stuck to the metal stand attachment in the box. It just took a simple glue job to fix it.

My magnet fell off too but I don't care (its actually stuck to the D ring on the blaster :lol). I never liked the magnet on the holster feature anyway. It tucks into the holster just fine.

I did the heat and bend trick too and like the results. However like Amanamatt I too use to much heat I actually melted a little piece off the edge. So just a warning be careful. I used a heat gun.

I also wrapped electrical tape around the biceps, calfs, mid thighs and forearms. The results is great the armor parts are no longer "floating" and twisting and actually feel as tight as Medicom armor now. However I might be exchanging the tape out, as I saw a warning about electical tape getting all messy during years, I believe this is true cause you see this all the time when rewiring your home.

Anyway here some pics of my new and improved stormie. I also took a shot of it apart incase ppl are curious.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

HOT WATER . ... hot water on a stove top with high heat .... then take the water off after it gets steaming hot .... hold the front plate in the water ... keep the straps out of the water at all cost ... heat for 25 to 35 seconds then bend to desire .... then re heat and work it the way you want ....

So you boiled water? Sounds easy enough! I'll give it a go. Thanks!

For some reason my chest straps are a bit tweaked. Not sure if this happened when I heated the armor up. Just curious if others have this problem... not a problem really, I'd just like them to lay flat so they don't help part the armor. Maybe I need to reheat them to re-shape?

I would just leave well enough alone, frankly. You guys are all going nuts heating this thing. :lol

I am just going to get some top stick so the chest armor sticks out. Outside of that, the risks to the figure outweigh any accuracy or aesthetic issues I might have with the figure.

That's what I tried, the regular blaster, didn't the Ex.

It's ok because he can hold it right and still look cool, just would be cool too if he could it right handed too.

I guess maybe more often than not they are lefties, would make sense with the holder being on the left, the idea being to quick draw and fire, you're not going to draw it, throw it in your other hand and then fire, too late.

Like I said, being a righty, it just seems natural to pose figures as righty.

I have no problems with my troopers holding the blasters right or left handed.

3333684410_dde3ae8ccf_o.jpg

3332826433_da846e08b5_o.jpg

3333658498_e65f11bdd5_o.jpg

quick question about the hot water trick (for the chest armor) does it affect the paint on the armor at all? I am not that worried about the ST but I have some concern for the upcoming sand trooper with all the weathering it has. (I am just assuming that Sandtrooper would have the same fixes needed as the stormtrooper.)

no does not ... at all ....

The bulked out body does look a bit nicer. But I would use Plumber's Tape. That's what I've used on my Anakin figure to tighten the arm join and no problems at all.

What part warped -- your pics look fine? Did you heat on the outside of the armor or from the inside?

Its real minor but right below the right pec, the outside of the armor warped oh so slightly - extremely minor and I can only see it from a particular angle...like roc74, the very edge of the 'lip' melted a tad...now, I am very anal retentive, but its so minor, its not an issue (and I ordered two)...so this guy has just the slightest battle damage...!

I was not watching which way I pointed the heat.....for the left side I applied just a little heat and it was able to bent without issue.....so keep those dryers on low setting..!

Last edited:
Back