Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine last night. He is not very loose and stands on his own easily. My only beef is that the stock of his blaster is broken and the magnet to his holster strap is gone.

Great figure and will look awesome with Vader.

Cracked mine open, just arrived this morning. Body is definitely in better shape than both my Clonobi's, so while there are still production issues evidenced by comments here, I would say it's at least getting better as each figure's made on it.

It's so cool to have a 12" Stormtrooper that actually looks like a real one. All I'ver ever had was the Hasbro VOTC version. Between the poorly shaped helmet and horribly beefed up body, it just looked like ass. This thing is really nice.

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been much mentioning of the neck articulation, very impressed with what that can do, should be fun for photo time, and also very promising for future armored Troopers, could even mean good things for Vader, hard to say as he does have his helmet run into the neck.

You can simply brush it on straight from the bottle. No need to dilute it. But remember to leave it alone once you've applied it. Don't go back and re-brush or you risk getting brush strokes showing. Also, a little goes a long way.

Try it on a small area first, perhaps on his backside, until you get the hang of it.

Thank you! Will defintely try that once I get the fig. Hopefully next week.

Ok, major heat warning: if you have a super intense hairdryer (as mine apparently is), be careful to direct the heat to where you want to bend the chest or other armor.....I just did my chest armor and it bent a pic of the pec area...hard to tell when you are doing it so be careful....

But it works like a charm....:chew

005-2.jpg

009.jpg

my stormie work in progress....

Last edited:
I got mine last night. He is not very loose and stands on his own easily. My only beef is that the stock of his blaster is broken and the magnet to his holster strap is gone.

Great figure and will look awesome with Vader.

If you contact Sideshow they should replace both. You might have to butcher the broken one though.

One dissappointment with this piece which I hope will be corrected in the future, why no right hand that can have a finger on the trigger? :confused:

Ok, major heat warning: if you have a super intense hairdryer (as mine apparently is), be careful to direct the heat to wear you want to bend the chest or other armor.....I just did my chest armor and it bent a pic of the pec area...hard to tell when you are doing it so be careful....

But it works like a charm....:chew

Also aim the hairdryer at the back of the armor in case of scorching.

Yeah, I've wondered about that often. It's so typical of SW to see the stormies holding their guns with the left hand.

Really? Guess I'll have to watch them more carefully. I'm a righty so unless it's out of character I always have figures hold guns right handed.

Also aim the hairdryer at the back of the armor in case of scorching.

I heated up the chest armor, for what seemed like forever, and had a hard time bending it, and it wouldn't stay.

May have to try boiling water, have many people had luck with this?

One dissappointment with this piece which I hope will be corrected in the future, why no right hand that can have a finger on the trigger? :confused:

The 2nd hand worked with the trigger of the little blaster for me. Didn't try it on the regular blaster yet.

Hello all, brand spanking new member here. I'm a long time reader and admirer of all the great work so many of you have done. Thanks for all the tips and inspiration.

So I've been tweaking my SSC Stormtrooper since he arrived Wednesday, painted around the vents, touched up the black on the chin piece, added straps under the arms to keep the chest and back plate together, etc. The one part I am having a tough time with is warming up the chest piece to fit better around the figure, as many of you have been doing with great results.

So what's the secret? I was using my wife's hair dryer but was unsure how to go about it so I just quit. Should I heat each side and bend separate? Or should I heat the middle and bend both sides at once? Furthermore how long should the heating process take? I was heating the inside as not to damage the chest plate and it was getting warm but it didn't seem close to being pliable, was I closer then I thought? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all, brand spanking new member here. I'm a long time reader and admirer of all the great work so many of you have done. Thanks for all the tips and inspiration.

So I've been tweaking my SSC Stormtrooper since he arrived Wednesday, painted around the vents, touched up the black on the chin piece, added straps under the arms to keep the chest and back plate together, etc. The one part I am having a tough time with is warming up the chest piece to fit better around the figure, as many of you have been doing with great results.

So what's the secret? I was using my wife's hair dryer but was unsure how to go about it so I just quit. Should I heat each side and bend separate? Or should I heat the middle and bend both sides at once? Furthermore how long should the heating process take? I was heating the inside as not to damage the chest plate and it was getting warm but it didn't seem close to being pliable, was I closer then I thought? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same problem for me.

HOT WATER . ... hot water on a stove top with high heat .... then take the water off after it gets steaming hot .... hold the front plate in the water ... keep the straps out of the water at all cost ... heat for 25 to 35 seconds then bend to desire .... then re heat and work it the way you want ....

HOT WATER . hold the front plate in the water ... keep the straps out of the water at all cost ... heat for 25 to 35 seconds then bend to desire .... then re heat and work it the way you want ....

So you dunked the whole front plate (sans the straps)? What about submerging just the bottom half (aka the part that needs bending)? Could you post a pic of how yours turned out?

Thank you! Will defintely try that once I get the fig. Hopefully next week.

:rock :rock

By the way, immediately upon waking up this morning (talk about perfect timing), I heard something "clang" in my hobby room (located next door).

I figured it was the Stormie and was proved correct. I found him sprawled on the glass shelf, having fallen off of the base. Ironically, I have Bespin Luke posed to his side, gun drawn. It looked like he had shot the Trooper with his blaster. :lol

Just got mine.

First thing I did was stand him up. No problem at all. He holds different poses for me just fine. The armor is pretty loose though. Nothing a little Top Stick won't handle just fine.

I heated up the chest armor, for what seemed like forever, and had a hard time bending it, and it wouldn't stay.

May have to try boiling water, have many people had luck with this?

When I used my hairdryer, not two min went by...guess it depends on the amt of heat....guys, if you use the hot water method, stick the parts of the armor in that you actually want to bend....don't go nuts - you'll warp more than you'll want to...

Back