Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, pretty much where I'm at as well... I'd like to add a 1/6 Hulk (if not too ridiculously priced) to the collection. But outside of that nothing else "officially" announced is on my radar except for rumored SW pieces.

Odds are we won't be ordering anything more till SDCC, or at least till the SDCC EXs go up for PO... Boba Fett variation, perhaps? :pray:

Holy crap, just noticed this was 135$.

SS has officially priced me out of this line :(

Really? I was surprised that this was only 135, I figured we would feel the GI JOE sting on the SW line sooner or later.

I know exactly how you feel Dee. I luv SSC figures but I honestly just don't think they are all over $100 quality figures. Some are though, like IG-88.

Sheesh, almost like Christmas morning after randomly checking the site and saw the preorder was up! Do they not send out a communication to let us know about these things.....'cause I'm not getting them.

Sheesh, almost like Christmas morning after randomly checking the site and saw the preorder was up! Do they not send out a communication to let us know about these things.....'cause I'm not getting them.

There was an advanced warning in last week's newsletter. But they do not warn again after that.

Yep, gotta get the newsletter and generally most figures/statues/etc. are previewed one week and go up for sale the next week with the newsletter.

Odds are we won't be ordering anything more till SDCC, or at least till the SDCC EXs go up for PO... Boba Fett variation, perhaps? :pray:

My guess as well... but I have a feeling I will be ordering a lot of ____ come SDCC :lol

135$ isnt the best price for most figs but still not to high for me to pay :p

But I guess I do save money in the long run limiting my collection to only cobra and stormies along with the odds and ends in the 1/6

I really love the iconic design and the tusken figure was 1 of my favourites as a kid - but I dont know where the hell i'd put him or what id do with him lol, he would literally just be on his own maybe with a custom broken droid or something (they are even that disagreeable)... might miss out on the exclusive while deciding, might just get it locally (by locally in the UK, i mean scanning the breadth of this entire country haha, these things arent common at all over here) so i have time to decide and i'd probably have him with the rifle 24/7 (pew pew pew pew pew)

Very interested to see if the cloth weathering and wood grain effect carry over to the production piece, noticed sideshow's textiles often just remain clean and bland compared to the prototype piece (easy to fix yourself though). That wood grain may end up printed maybe? hmm

135$ isnt the best price for most figs but still not to high for me to pay :p

But I guess I do save money in the long run limiting my collection to only cobra and stormies along with the odds and ends in the 1/6

99$ for this woulda been perfect. (and people would be buying two) SS shoulda went that route. Really doesn't warrant 135$ IMO. But, as long as it turns out like the proto i won't complain.

I wouldn't be surprised if and when the Jawas are released if they come in a two pack.

What would be cool is if SS released 2 different Jawas that each came with a small droid (like treadwell) as seen in the Tatooine droid sale.

That would be awesome! A 2 pack worked well for the battle droids; so 2 Jawas a few weapons and a small droid would be perfection :rock

You should submit that thought to "Ask Sideshow" :lecture

99$ for this woulda been perfect. (and people would be buying two) SS shoulda went that route. Really doesn't warrant 135$ IMO. But, as long as it turns out like the proto i won't complain.

Agreed, $99 would have been a better price on this. But seems those days are quickly fading. I do think it will be possible to get the regular edition for around that once its been out for awhile. This will be a popular figure, but still a lot will be turned off by the higher price.

Yes the 2 pack Jawas would be a great addition to this figure. The pictures of the Tusken are very good I think, and unfortunately for the price. But I'm afraid we won't get a lot of figures under 100 USD (except maybe clones). It's a long time now, if we remember the first figures of the collection at 50 USD.

As the Tusken is an iconic and long waited figure by lots of OT collectors, I don't believe we will find it as a good bargain on the second market.

As soon as my European distributors opens the pre-order, I get one.

The regular releases of Greedo, Hammerhead, Gammorean Guards and many other's have been found for 20%-30% off a few months after they were out. Now in the long run the prices may return to retail; but there's a window when the regular stock sales are slow that retailers tend to get antsy and have clearance sales.

Right now at Midtown Comics you can get Gree for under $90; that's quite a discount from the $125 retail. Not to mention if you can find an opened one you might be able to do a bit better.

I will probably cancel the EX and get it cheaper we'll see. Just glad to see some OT love after the barrage of clones. (plus i love Tatooine)

Back