Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered, looks great, doesn't really fit in with my Star Wars figures though, hopefully HT announces a Farmboy Luke.

Either way, it'll look good next to Stormtroopers or Ader

I don't know how people are indecisive about this figure!

An OT character, very iconic, with a great exclusive piece and a decent price?

Easy pick up.

I don't know how people are indecisive about this figure!

An OT character, very iconic, with a great exclusive piece and a decent price?

Easy pick up.

Only point of indecision I had with the Tusken is that he didn't fit in with my rules for what I'd buy and he sort of just doesn't fit in. Damn character is so disagreeable -- even attacking Jawas on occasion -- that I wasn't sure how I'd display him (the environments I'm interested in being the Cantina, with an eye to Hoth/Bespin in the future).

That said, your points are all correct. Love the design and will be picking up a second or maybe even third one locally in the fall. I got tangled up at work, so glad I was able to order the exclusive even a few hours after it went up. Hope what we're hearing on the boards is right and the release of the Tuskens means we're going to see the landspeeder announced at SDCC.

He'll look good with a Jawa at some point.

Would be great to display them together, even if the ill-tempered Tuskens couldn't be trusted to not kill the Jawas. :monkey2 Come to think of it, would be nice to see the Jawas released around the same time as 3PO and R2... guessing we're in for a bit of a wait. :impatient:

Last edited:
Ordered two. Such a great figure and can't pass it up. Now I need to find an Old Ben at a good price.

Yup... If not for flip flopping the Burton Batman stuff for a Dewback this would be the first order I've made since around then too... I only have Boba Fett, Luke and now this on order.

Outside of Star Wars I can only see wanting to order an Avengers Hulk this year.

Yeah, pretty much where I'm at as well... I'd like to add a 1/6 Hulk (if not too ridiculously priced) to the collection. But outside of that nothing else "officially" announced is on my radar except for rumored SW pieces.

It's true he doesn't fit anywhere much.

I don't know, to me part of the fun of collecting is to get characters that you've never seen together on my shelf. I mean, McClane doesn't fit in with Star Wars or Terminator or Batman but there he'll be on display with those and many other movies. Indy with Sparrow and Jack's Joker, yes! Who cares if a character didn't share screen time with another.

Prod Blog:

The Tusken Raider Sixth Scale Figure, which will include a Gaffi Weapon with Gun Stock, will be priced at $134.99. Additionally, the Regular Edition, without the extra accessory will be priced at $134.99 and have a $13.50 Non-Refundable Deposit charged 24 to 48 hours after Pre-Orders of 2 pieces have been placed.

:)

I really hope the lack of a base being listed is an oversight. As far as I know, sideshow has never released a figure without a base, and lately they have been making the bases much more appealing ( IG-88 and Boba Fett) so I can't imagine them just eschewing it altogether.

I really hope that it is a sandy base, or even something more appealing.

Only pre-ordered 1 tusken sadly but when/if a jawa finally comes out I will end up with 2-3 of those little guys ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if and when the Jawas are released if they come in a two pack.

What would be cool is if SS released 2 different Jawas that each came with a small droid (like treadwell) as seen in the Tatooine droid sale.

I wouldn't be surprised if and when the Jawas are released if they come in a two pack.

What would be cool is if SS released 2 different Jawas that each came with a small droid (like treadwell) as seen in the Tatooine droid sale.

Oh snap If they did release them in sets of 2 with a plethora of jawa weapons I would be so tempted to start a little jawa army with each weapon displayed.

Back