Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked one upand man i am lovin it ! dyed the robes a bit and watered them down. The body is not the best but passable. 462696C0-82FD-4BCE-B02B-EC7C23BB2E5D.jpegB363AE8B-247D-4FA5-9985-39BEBBA3C9A9.jpeg

Damn that looks good. Sideshow needs to do another run of these. I have a feelin HT wouldn’t touch this one. Wish they would though.

Just picked one upand man i am lovin it ! dyed the robes a bit and watered them down. The body is not the best but passable. View attachment 408683View attachment 408684

What color dye did you use? Almost looks like RIT Taupe or tan.

I seem to recall a problem with some of these was that they had a salmon color on the outer cloak that was overdone on some.

It's a great fig overall but I find the hands are too small, the arms (especially forearms) too stumpy and the feet are both weirdly wrapped and a bit loose. And yeah, the underlying body isn't great. That said, the headsculpt/paint is great and outfit/holsters/weapons excellent (though the head might be a tad oversized.) A body swap and new gloved hands solves 90% of the fig's issues.

Looking good, Jay! I found there to be be very little wrong with this one except the color of the clothes.

I ended up bleaching as much color out of everything then using watered down acrylics to bring the color back to where I liked it. Then I did some additional weathering and tears. No body swap but I may do one in the future.

3AC2A5E6-C701-4A2C-BB24-9DFBF7183559.jpeg

I started out using RiT color remover then finished it off in a bleach/water mixture. Took several baths to get that salmon color out.

Some more new shots of this great old Sideshow figure...

TUSKEN-RAIDER-25.jpg

TUSKEN-RAIDER-26.jpg

TUSKEN-RAIDER-27.jpg

TUSKEN-RAIDER-28.jpg

One of my all-time Sideshow favorites-still looks great (and from the looks of it in here, inspired some great futzing and switch-ups - great job, everyone!)

It's a great fig overall but I find the hands are too small, the arms (especially forearms) too stumpy and the feet are both weirdly wrapped and a bit loose. And yeah, the underlying body isn't great. That said, the headsculpt/paint is great and outfit/holsters/weapons excellent (though the head might be a tad oversized.) A body swap and new gloved hands solves 90% of the fig's issues.

The hands might be a tad undersized, but isn’t that due to the size of the head? I think we tend to see the head as big because we imagine a head wrapped in clothes. But it wasn’t, it was a helmet and I think its size is actually correct.
Look at the size of the helmet compared to his head in this photo. It’s really big.
4276ddb015c715cfed87002030e41931.jpg

It's true but the SSC gloves to me also seem too "petite" - the glove fingers seem slender and tightly fitted (ie almost like fingers painted tan) as opposed to the large, looser fitting suede (almost gardening gloves) type fit they have in the movie. So they aren't hugely underscale but the thin/delicate-ness of the fingers makes them appear smaller to me.

With the replacement gloves they just seemed to feel more screen accurate for me, but in many pics the included glove hands seem okay.

These pics almost make me sad about selling mine off.. almost

$:joy$

I'll definitely be picking the next go at it from Hot Toys or Sideshow.

Back