Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would definitely pick up two of these from HT. Momaw's poses are perfect.

Yep, I'd be up for a HT re-issue as well ! If they are in fact going for the 12-back set, then he and Jawas must be up soon !

I'd get both !!

If only Sideshow would sell out of their wobbly leg versions. They must have made millions of them !

img_3950.jpg

Yeah, DS Commander and Tusken Raiders are instant buys for me. I'd be curious to see what Hot Toys does with Jawas. SS's were not bad except for the rag doll bodies.

DS Commander is MIA and I fortunately missed on SSC's Tusken, glad I did after hearing all the complaints. HT would do a great job and I agree, he would be an instant sale if he got re-issued.

That is a GORGEOUS display, bmarz! Love the poses. Subtle but perfectly capturing the characters.

I actually liked the yellow/tan wall paint--it looked like Tatooine!

Thanks for the compliment! It's a basement room and was awfully dark with that yellow color. The white really brightened it up! Plus now it looks great as a Hoth background! ;)

Last edited:
I used a color remover then watered down some acrylic paints and soaked the robes in the mixture until I was happy with the color. I also tore the robes a bit first to distress them. I did this to the inner robes as well to tone down that yellow color and awful weathering they did.

View attachment 312123

Wow! That looks so much better. Can you please provide detail instructions on what you used and how you accomplished the coloring process.

The body is rubbish and the accessories look a bit plasticky - plus they're hard to come buy for a decent price. Tusken Raider please HT. And a pair of jawas too.

thinking of picking this up at some point , what do you reckon the chances are of hot toys doing this figure?

Back