Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome pictures everyone.

I did body swaps on all of mine, redid the arm/leg wraps and added different bandoliers for variety. These are some of my favorites.

20180628_103619.jpg

20180628_103551.jpg

I’m sort of surprised Sideshow hasn’t re-released this figure. Seems to be one of their more popular Star Wars releases. I’d probably pick up one or two.

After a few attempts and failures at dying the outer robe...I finally got the right color I was aiming for.

B6081EBD-0CAB-4121-8CE1-3C7E8EEF0C5D.jpeg

66F18F41-6C64-4D50-B769-4C31B855D445.jpg

75936A20-F86B-4E19-B915-A051A40D0F4D.jpg

Very nice Will! 👌🏽
Was there only one run of these (reg/exclusive) or did they ever do a V2?
Hoping they rerelease this guy :pray:

Looks great Will! What color of dye did you go with?

Thanks, Chris. I tried using Rit Tan, but it turned orange. I first bleached the robe and it turned a yellowish pink... so I ended up putting Tamiya Deck Tan paint wash mixed with water in a bowl and dipped the robe in it. I had to do that four times and blow dry it each time before dipping it again. No wringing, just let the water drip off and then blow dry to a damp temp.

Thanks, gents! It looks a lot better in person too. I’m trying to make another from spare parts..I’ll have to make my own robes..yikes. Maybe I’ll do one like Chris’s variant..with just the under robe garment?

9A7AC1EE-F31F-407B-943B-77DE380FD271.jpg

Thanks, Chris. I tried using Rit Tan, but it turned orange. I first bleached the robe and it turned a yellowish pink... so I ended up putting Tamiya Deck Tan paint wash mixed with water in a bowl and dipped the robe in it. I had to do that four times and blow dry it each time before dipping it again. No wringing, just let the water drip off and then blow dry to a damp temp.

That’s almost the same process I went thru. I ended up using a mixture of gray and tan acrylics to get the right color.

That's so funny - about a month ago I was looking at my figure thinking "maybe some weakened Tam deck tan or desert yellow in a weak water mix might improve the color of the outer robe":lol

Those look awesome guys! Such an improvement. I really hope ht makes a Tusken, I would definitely buy at least 2. I have the ss, but they really should be a squad.

Well in my quest for more classic SW I finally managed to pick one of these guys up, for $325 shipped on Amazon, which is a lot but still much cheaper than anything I saw on ebay. And I gotta say it was worth every penny because this guy looks impressive as hell in hand, and is probably one of my favorite SW figures from this year.

The headsculpt and detail on the outfit is amazing for such an old figure, and I hadn't realized before that he came with three badass weapons (and even a primitive sort of sand topper for the base). I haven't made any mods yet, so the arms are clearly too short and the robe too salmon colored (and I need to pick up one of Coco's bases as well), but even out of the box I think it looks pretty damn cool. :D

20181229_102853.jpg

20181229_102905.jpg

Picked up the same exclusive version from eBay a few weeks back... one of those awesome coupon codes on a best offer and he is indeed very impressive. Definitely needs a dye job and a body swap. I’d like to rework the wrapped feet so he can stand better as Chakaman did on his. Great shots davejames!

Back