1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bike looks pretty cool. Not perfect, but with a bit of tinkering with the Scout on it the overall look might be closer to screen used. I have the Hasbro bike, but getting this too, though my Scout will have to be displayed next to his ride instead of up on it due to space limitations.

Look how ridiculously small the handlebar things are - crazy???

I've got the PF, and although not absolutely 100%, nothing draws attention to itself. It "feels" correct.

View attachment 203694
View attachment 203695
View attachment 203702
Top pic is the Premium Format bike, flipped image. Middle is the Sixth scale. Bottom is one of the studio models, image also flipped.

Looks like one of the issues is that the main chassis "brown part" just isn't long enough. Fins and the whole front part doesn't seem as far off as that, though still off. It's that area between the sixth scale fig's knees and his arm reach that I noticed right away.

Great job with the pics!

It's definitely the handlebars - hopefully some guru (like MYC) can make some better sized ones for everyone :wave

Cropped my pic to compare:

16B8754D-CB47-4ADB-8095-027DDBDF74CD.jpg

1F72EFEB-7312-44B2-AC86-E6C49D1E601F.jpg

That does look a LOT better. But scratch-build handlebars will make this thing sing!

Yet another slight adjustment.

Final opinion: naysayers are wrong. This thing is CLOSE. Superior to the Premium Format.

Steering levers are off, but that's about it.

Not sure about the Hasbro, but I'm sure pics will be forthcoming for comparison. The biggest drawback of this piece is not the piece itself, but rather the limitations of the Prometheus body.

79BCB267-454B-4813-98DF-2ECE458E4D30.jpg

Excuse the crudeness of this quick photoshop of Rubio's original photo - but this is with all the original elements manipulated to how it should sit.

The figure is pushed to how a human would sit (not sure if any figure will emulate this) and the handlebars have been stretched/resized dramatically. If someone does do a recast/redo/scratch-build, it's going to make a hell-of-a difference.

After doing this, I'll be the first to pull my head in, regarding the scale. I still think it's a tad too small, but if we can get better handlebars, and find a way to custom the figure to sit right, it's going to definitely look the goods.

Yup, a lot of modding would have to be done to get the figure to sit like that from the sound of it, but that looks awesome.

Some folks have been putting the Scout on a smaller body, I guess that couldn't hurt when posing on the bike.

Excuse the crudeness of this quick photoshop of Rubio's original photo - but this is with all the original elements manipulated to how it should sit.

The figure is pushed to how a human would sit (not sure if any figure will emulate this) and the handlebars have been stretched/resized dramatically. If someone does do a recast/redo/scratch-build, it's going to make a hell-of-a difference.

After doing this, I'll best the first to pull my head in, regarding the scale. I still think it's a tad too small, but if we can get better handlebars, and find a way to custom the figure to sit right, it's going to definitely look the goods.

I have my SSC Scout in approx that position on the Hasbro bike - it is possible to do it with a lot of work, though maybe not getting the thighs up that high.

I'm going to try scaling down the Hasbro bike a bit before considering the SSC bike. The Hasbro bike is a really remarkably good piece for hasbro and cost me $20.

Can you post a photo?

I have my SSC Scout in approx that position on the Hasbro bike - it is possible to do it with a lot of work, though maybe not getting the thighs up that high.

I'm going to try scaling down the Hasbro bike a bit before considering the SSC bike. The Hasbro bike is a really remarkably good piece for hasbro and cost me $20.

Can you post a photo?

I had taken the figure off and started pulling the bike apart, but I dropped him back on for the pic. It's not quite as tightly posed as it was, but as I said the thighs can't go as high as you've shown.

16li8me.png

Thanks!!!

Well and truly good enough if we can get that position on the SSC scout.

Just need the handlebars fixed. They are 100% the problem!

Check this - even on my manipulated one, the handlebars aren't the right size/shape (someone at SSC must have been smoking some serious cones when they signed off on the delivered versions).

I had taken the figure off and started pulling the bike apart, but I dropped him back on for the pic. It's not quite as tightly posed as it was, but as I said the thighs can't go as high as you've shown.

16li8me.png

That pose of the Hasbro Scout looks great. Maybe I should try something like that on mine. And just remembered I need to dust my Hasbro Scout and his bike

Yeah, not sure what happened with the handlebars - they are so wrong there must have been a manufacturing reason for it.

And one thing that holds back the scout a little is SSC's (proto to production) decision to change from separate gauntlets and glove-hands (like Luke Hoth) to a one-piece gauntlet-glove combo. You can't sharply tilt the gloves in relation to the gauntlets like the Bikers do in the movie, i.e. making the forearms almost vertical with hands flat on the handles.

It's always funny to look at the cowling on the back of the bike - it was the front of a space shuttle nose upside down.:lol

That pose of the Hasbro Scout looks great. Maybe I should try something like that on mine. And just remembered I need to dust my Hasbro Scout and his bike

SSC Scout head is very loose - touch it and he's looking straight down. Will have to tighten that joint.

SSC Scout head is very loose - touch it and he's looking straight down. Will have to tighten that joint.

Yeah that joint is really loose.

I think that the Scout posed on the bike looks good. Sure I would like a bit more hunched over pose but I'm really excited for the bike to arrive. Fingers crossed that it will fit height-wise on my shelf with the scout mounted on the bike.

I think that last change looks really good, Rubio! It's an interesting optical illusion that happens when the scout is shifted around on the bike- it makes different parts appear bigger/smaller. Looks really good the way you have it, even with the direct comparison showing the handlebar size issue. And besides, anyone planning to display their bike and scout with a side view photo? I bet not really.

The photoshop images have me thinking of doing some surgery on the fig when the bike arrives.... Potentially cutting him in half at the waist or hips, or something like that, so he can bend more? Anyone know if this is a terrible idea? :lol

I plan on modding till he can make that pose.
What ever that takes.

I think that last change looks really good, Rubio! It's an interesting optical illusion that happens when the scout is shifted around on the bike- it makes different parts appear bigger/smaller. Looks really good the way you have it, even with the direct comparison showing the handlebar size issue. And besides, anyone planning to display their bike and scout with a side view photo? I bet not really.

The photoshop images have me thinking of doing some surgery on the fig when the bike arrives.... Potentially cutting him in half at the waist or hips, or something like that, so he can bend more? Anyone know if this is a terrible idea? :lol

Hey everyone,

First time poster, long time lurker when I have a chance. Someone asked for comparison pics of the Hasbro and SSC bike, here they are. If you want different angles or anything, just say the word.

2015-08-13 16.49.47.jpg

2015-08-13 16.49.21.jpg

Back