1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AF388F1E-E746-495C-BD2D-E16AC7225170.jpg

Looks small, how did Luke and Leia ride on one of these together?

I just compared production photos of both the life-size and the models used to this, it's so far off the mark - WTF was Sideshow thinking????

I'm so pissed now :mad:

Yeah really does look tiny. Glad I have the Hasbro one. I want to see pictures of the two (SS & Hasbro) together for size comparison. Anybody here that'll have both and could post some pics once they get this? Thanks.. :)

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Top pic is the Premium Format bike, flipped image. Middle is the Sixth scale. Bottom is one of the studio models, image also flipped.

Looks like one of the issues is that the main chassis "brown part" just isn't long enough. Fins and the whole front part doesn't seem as far off as that, though still off. It's that area between the sixth scale fig's knees and his arm reach that I noticed right away.

Last edited:
Based on these piccys I've taken the decision out of 'his' hands and ordered a 12" luke on speeder bike....saving maybe over £200 gbp
Someone needs to start a 'pimp out the hasbro speeder bike thread'
S x

Seated him a little better.

Several things are apparent:

The scale is not perfect, but it's way closer than a lot of people are saying. That said, some of the proportions are a bit off.

Using a screen cap from the movie, we see that Luke has a much more dramatic look as he's riding the bike. The biggest reason is the steering levers. They orient almost vertically, whereas the Sideshow bike has them swept way back. I wish they were adjustable.

These figures are made of rigid plastic, and their bodies don't conform to things in a softer way like human skin and fat does. That's why having our figures fold their arms is impossible. Just saying.

Another thing to remember is that Luke is not sitting on the proper seat of the bike. His....ass....is sitting on top of the hump, rather than on the seat itself. I may try to place my scout farther back to see if that increases the dramatic look. I'm fairly certain it would.

Anyways, here's the two pics. Break out your measuring tape.

166FF829-40D8-4C5E-9DAA-E3A054A00D62.jpg

16B8754D-CB47-4ADB-8095-027DDBDF74CD.jpg

Looking at comparisons above, I think the sixth scale would look ok if it was possible to drop the pedals (and with them, the legs) down to where they are on the studio model pic. Even the PF has lower pedals. High pedals on the sixth scale just exacerbates the smallness of the bike by making the scout's legs all bent.

Yeah really does look tiny. Glad I have the Hasbro one. I want to see pictures of the two (SS & Hasbro) together for size comparison. Anybody here that'll have both and could post some pics once they get this? Thanks.. :)

I have Hasbro bike also and getting ss speeder bike tomorrow. I will post pics with comparisons. Man it looks small. What a disappointment. May sell exclusive bike now. But will hold judgement till tomorrow. Between ssc stupid high shipping price now, hts chewie head sculpt, and undersized speeder bike, this might be a bad month. Hope die cast mark iii turns out OK also.

That looks a lot better I think :)
Possible to bring his knees up a bit (keeping knee bend same, and moving legs forward at the hips), and then lean him forward a little while bending his arms a little?

View attachment 203694
View attachment 203695
View attachment 203702
Found this pic of the PF bike (note: I flipped the image so it orients the same as Rubio's.)
I've also copied Rubio's pic for easy comparing.

Looks like one of the issues is that the main chassis "brown part" just isn't long enough. Fins and the whole front part doesn't seem as far off as that, though still off. It's that area between the sixth scale fig's knees and his arm reach that I noticed right away.

*edit: found a studio model and flipped that image too*
So which version is the top pic because it looks awsome.
Now I'm concerned about getting mine because it looks WAY off and after reading some of the posts I'm wondering whether to keep it or not once it arrives.

The problem is that the SSC bike is 10-20% too small but the Hasbro is 10-20% too big.:slap:lol

Thanks for posting the pics, Rubio - even with the slight scale issue, that's a gorgeous piece.

How tall is the speeder bike with trooper? Im wondering if it will fit in my shelf the way you have him posed.

That comp shot with the Luke screen cap really shows how the piece is lacking in drama, but I seem to recall them being rather lazy looking in some of the chase scenes.

Back