Sideshow 1/6 Yoda Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree on Anakin, there's a quality to that portrait that feels like a slightly cartoony Take on Hayden's portrait, it doesn't look like a photo-realistic Hayden sculpt like Trev's other work.

I can see the differences in the 2 heads.

And, please, no CW Yoda head. Having a PT one is punishment enough for SW purists. :lol

I disagree on Anakin, there's a quality to that portrait that feels like a slightly cartoony Take on Hayden's portrait, it doesn't look like a photo-realistic Hayden sculpt like Trev's other work.

Disagree all ya want, it still, thankfully, is more realistic and doesn't look like this :lol:

41238948.jpg

To me that sculpt is an amalgamation of Hayden and Jake, so it isn't supposed to be purely Hayden. Sideshow did a fantastic job of blending the two.

It's not 100% the cartoon, no, but I just find it to not be 100% realistic either, it's a healthy mix of the two, that's all I was aiming at with Yoda, something a little closer to the cartoon, and again, more like an Exclusive, I don't think it's worth doing for a full on figure.

It's not 100% the cartoon, no, but I just find it to not be 100% realistic either, it's a healthy mix of the two, that's all I was aiming at with Yoda, something a little closer to the cartoon, and again, more like an Exclusive, I don't think it's worth doing for a full on figure.

Nah, I'd hope for a snarling Yoda to go with snarling Palps for the Ex. Though they'll probably find some minute, WTF accessory.

Nah, I'd hope for a snarling Yoda to go with snarling Palps for the Ex. Though they'll probably find some minute, WTF accessory.

I would actually go standard with that one, for the reason you listed, dueling. I think that's the best route for PT Yoda heads, one as the wise sage and one as the ass kicker. If any emotion were to be an exclusive, I'd go with maybe a sorrow portrait like thinking about the Clone Wars starting or Order 66 happening, that'd be a cool one to have but the other 2 have better versatility overall to represent him.

Doubt many would want it, but I think it'd be cool to see a head from ESB with those crazy eyes when he's first talking to Luke in the hut, "You will be, you will be." Either by intent or accident because of crude puppet making, he looks so crazy in that shot.

Either way, we're going to find out sooner or later. ;)

I am wondering how much this will cost us. Since yoda is much smaller character and I know SS will not sell it for cheaper.

Maybe they include some kind of diorama so you can display him like this:
yoda_in_swamp.jpg

:D

yeah, Some tree and branches which I don't need and care for. That will probably cost about $150ish for having extra garbages. I just want the figure with a couple cool accessories for a little less in price.

yeah, Some tree and branches which I don't need and care for. That will probably cost about $150ish for having extra garbages. I just want the figure with a couple cool accessories for a little less in price.

Great way of putting it. Yeah, there's far too much extra garbages in the 1/6 world.

No way. You can never have too many accessories! And I hope Yoda comes with abuncha!

Does anyone else want to see Sideshow start making some affordable environments made of quality plastic instead of polystone? I've passed on all of them so far because I could not justify their prices. Also, certain items could benefit from being hollow plastic like Han frozen in carbonite and the emperor's throne: both of which could have had some battery powered LED colored lights inside.

Does anyone else want to see Sideshow start making some affordable environments made of quality plastic instead of polystone? I've passed on all of them so far because I could not justify their prices. Also, certain items could benefit from being hollow plastic like Han frozen in carbonite and the emperor's throne: both of which could have had some battery powered LED colored lights inside.

I am with you.

Yes.

I'm sure many would welcome less expensive, cheaper to ship environments rather than overpriced, hard to ship polystone stuff.

Sean

I can't imagine anyone that doesn't, but you're not very likely to see a change.

I don't get why the use polystone in the first place. Even if the plastic lowers their profit by a bit I think they could make more in the long run by selling more. I like some of those Sideshow original bases they have, but just can't afford them.

I agree that the CW Anakin has s subtle blending on the CW style. Something in his nose and his brow ridge I think, maybe his cheek bones, but there's definitely somethign that makes it looks a little more cartoony. Same with Rex, I think that is the shoulder pauldron though.

I don't get why the use polystone in the first place. Even if the plastic lowers their profit by a bit I think they could make more in the long run by selling more. I like some of those Sideshow original bases they have, but just can't afford them.

I am certain that it's because the heavier weight of the polystone "feels" more expensive than simple styrene plastic, so people are fooled into thinking they are buying some museum piece rather than a toy. That way Sideshow can charge crazy amounts of money for something that really should only cost about $10 if it were made in plastic.

It's sort of the same philosophy behind slapping a designer name onto a purse or something and charging a huge amount of money for it.

Honestly, unless you're carrying them around all the time you'd never know the difference if it were styrene plastic. And as was said with plastic you can do cool customizing.

Again, I'd prefer the cheaper plastic.

Sean

I've never understood why people pay more for something just because it is designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back