Sideshow 1/6 Yoda Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah there has got to be a cheaper alternative. I get the plastic is more expensive argument, but like Irish said, there are so many things that make with plastic that there must be an alternative. Think about all the exclusive pieces they have done that is a plastic accessory.

I don't see them moving 3-4k pieces of any bases and such.

For what they're charging now, no. But knock it down to about $30 a pop and produce bases that can be utilized cross-licenses and yes, I think they'd be able to move that much.

Yeah there has got to be a cheaper alternative. I get the plastic is more expensive argument, but like Irish said, there are so many things that make with plastic that there must be an alternative. Think about all the exclusive pieces they have done that is a plastic accessory.

Exactly my point. They already use it for aspects of the thrones, and many other exclusives, from mynocks to extra heads and the like. I think the "expensive steel mold" argument is that of the apologistic, pro poly strawman.

Correct me if I'm wrong (because I don't have a PF collection) But wasn't there an uproar over the Boba PF being plastic instead of polystone? Was his pricing different?

For what they're charging now, no. But knock it down to about $30 a pop and produce bases that can be utilized cross-licenses and yes, I think they'd be able to move that much.

Exactly my point. They already use it for aspects of the thrones, and many other exclusives, from mynocks to extra heads and the like. I think the "expensive steel mold" argument is that of the apologistic, pro poly strawman.
maybe you dont understad the difference between tooling a mold that is the size of a hand vs. one that is the size of a small fridge. or the price difference involved in abs plastic injection or pve. there are many more factors than just "make it plastic". yes plastic is cheeper. but the cost associated with it are enormous. hense the 2 heads ie. 2 products seen in the yoda teaser. one tooling cost for a body, over the cost of 2 dolls, that sell maybe 3000 each. then the sost is justified.
tooling an enviroment however that is used once, then the mold is trashed. that cost is un absorb able. trust me i deal with things like this in my industry. i done make toys, but i deal with manufacturing.
tooling platforms for differnt items can be set up all at once, so one mold is cut with many diffent products in it. its a huge investment and you need to maximize its ouput to stay afloat in this economy.

I'm not arguing with your expertise, but I think that if SSC were to make interlocking Death star panels, floor panels etc, they could easily get a few thousand sold. How many clones and stormtroopers do we have now? How many more to come? More Vaders, Tarkin, and various military that could all be displayed against such a back drop, those production numbers would be huge if priced affordable. Hell, I appreciate profit as much as the next capitalist but with the volume of clones they put out, and will, I would think the cost of the armored figures has been absorbed some time ago.
Anyway, back to Yoda. I hope he doesn't come with a tree I can buy at Petsmart.

PT Yoda should come with his chair.

OT Yoda should come with his bed so you can display him dying.

maybe you dont understad the difference between tooling a mold that is the size of a hand vs. one that is the size of a small fridge. or the price difference involved in abs plastic injection or pve. there are many more factors than just "make it plastic". yes plastic is cheeper. but the cost associated with it are enormous. hense the 2 heads ie. 2 products seen in the yoda teaser. one tooling cost for a body, over the cost of 2 dolls, that sell maybe 3000 each. then the sost is justified.
tooling an enviroment however that is used once, then the mold is trashed. that cost is un absorb able. trust me i deal with things like this in my industry. i done make toys, but i deal with manufacturing.
tooling platforms for differnt items can be set up all at once, so one mold is cut with many diffent products in it. its a huge investment and you need to maximize its ouput to stay afloat in this economy.

I had this same debate with someone else not too long ago in the Indy section. I can say, first hand, it's just not as expensive as you're making it out to be. There are alternatives. I can have a Chinese manufacturer create a 2-piece mold for the upper and lower receivers of an M4 airsoft rifle and actually have it produced for less than you're claiming it would cost, at $3000 for 1000 units. That equates to $3 a unit and the receiver of an M4 is larger than a dio. And that's injection molded. Rotocast would be cheaper than that since less materials are used.

I'm not arguing with your expertise, but I think that if SSC were to make interlocking Death star panels, floor panels etc, they could easily get a few thousand sold. How many clones and stormtroopers do we have now? How many more to come? More Vaders, Tarkin, and various military that could all be displayed against such a back drop, those production numbers would be huge if priced affordable. Hell, I appreciate profit as much as the next capitalist but with the volume of clones they put out, and will, I would think the cost of the armored figures has been absorbed some time ago.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

:lol :lecture

they just put him up for order.

pinocchio-400x400.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back