Sideshow 1/6 Yoda Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely like what is being shown so far. But I truly think there is abuncha wishful thinking going on with seeing PT and OT Yoda in these head sculpts.

See below...

PT Yoda
ptyoda.jpg

OT Yoda
otyoda.jpg

I wonder if the small metal bits at the base of his neck are magnets to attach the heads, since the body with head attached shows that his neck is sculpted to his head and not a separate piece.

Picture-1.jpg

doubtful. they're prototypes. when the figure goes into production, the hole will likely be drilled out more, and set up to use a Prometheus style ball and socket joint.

Those might even be original sculpts for all we know at this point.

I wonder if the small metal bits at the base of his neck are magnets to attach the heads, since the body with head attached shows that his neck is sculpted to his head and not a separate piece.

Picture-1.jpg

I sure hope not. That'll mean they're giving us one Yoda, with a switch-out head, to rule them all. :lol

And if that's the case, people will whine about this forever.

I guess, just looking at those shots, I can't imagine how the head would connect to the body with the details we can see, unless the final setup isn't like those shots lead you to think. Also, someone suggested alternate expressions, so maybe each would come with 2 heads for lack of extensive accessories.

I think switch out heads would be pretty awesome and a great accesory for Yoda. But we still need at least two bodies. To have one body that has to suffice for PT and OT Yoda is a bad idea. We'll have to switch out heads and change clothes. And for those who want both it is a lot of wasted money. Give me a two pack with a PT Yoda and an extra PT head or two and an OT Yoda with an extra head or two. Granted I'd also be fine with one head each and a slightly lower price.

I also prefer the idea of them selling PT and OT Yoda seperately because I only want PT, but I think Sideshow will make more money selling the two pack so I think they will go that way.

What we can see looks excellent.

I'd like to see a two pack with two complete Yoda's, one head each would do, with some cool accessories, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Extra heads seems a lot to include, could be possible we'll only get one body but extra heads.

Good to see something ESB related.:clap

Meh, PT or OT, it's Yoda. I'll take either and even better a two-pack.

X2, don't want to hear anymore PT OT stuff when it comes to Yoda.

It's Yoda, you just ____ing buy it!

(I'd bet $ it's a 2 head Yoda dealio though)

See below...

I'm pretty certain all of those heads are identical. Although of course, my ideal Yoda would come with at least four heads of different expressions! I see changes in shadow and exposure, but look at the shapes and lines on the sculpt. The shape of the ears are the easiest to match as exact copies.

I'm pretty certain all of those heads are identical. Although of course, my ideal Yoda would come with at least four heads of different expressions! I see changes in shadow and exposure, but look at the shapes and lines on the sculpt. The shape of the ears are the easiest to match as exact copies.

i dont think so, look at the ears. ot's are bent inward. the one's standing are quite different.

I wonder what other characters could make use of Yoda's base body?

Anyway love the head sculpt.:love

Nope. After adjusting the brightness you can clearly see that the mouths are different. The brow is too.

yoda.jpg

I'm pretty certain all of those heads are identical.

I agree in that I think all 4 on the table are OT Yoda portraits, they all look less polished compared to the clearly seen PT head on the body.

(I'd bet $ it's a 2 head Yoda dealio though)

Maybe, but if they did do that, they'd have to at least offer both versions of his cloak. The PT cloak is smooth and darker in color and has the hood, his OT robe has a rough texture and is closer to a white tone with no hood.

yoda.jpeg

yoda.jpg

Though given a better look, ther could be differences to his shirt/pants under the robe, I can't think of any real glimpses at it in the OT movies but LFL probably has photos of all the details for Sideshow to refer to.

If they made it 2 in one, I'd buy two figures to build them both, I want them both at once.

It'd be cool if they made a cartoony looking CW head that could be swapped out with PT head so your PT Yoda could be PT or CW, would be a cool Exclusive.

It'd be cool if they made a cartoony looking CW head that could be swapped out with PT head so your PT Yoda could be PT or CW, would be a cool Exclusive.

Considering they haven't gone that route with Obi, Anakin, nor Rex, I doubt they'd do that. Besides, PT Yoda's noggin will work just fine to fill that spot. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back