Sideshow - 1/6 The Preacher (Pale Rider)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score

Sideshow The Preacher 1.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 2.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 3.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 4.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 5.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 6.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 7.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 8.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 9.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 10.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 11.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 12.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 13.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 14.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 15.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 16.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 17.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 18.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 19.jpg

Sideshow The Preacher 20.jpg
Sideshow The Preacher 21.jpg
Sideshow The Preacher 22.jpg

He looks pretty sharp apart from the gigantic shirt collar.

It should barely show above his vest, so the vest itself must also be cut too low:

pale-rider-1985-clint-eastwood-pic-2.jpg

They said he would have three different looks, so the dog collar will save the oversized shirt, unless they fix that by production.

pale.jpg

No way the production version has that level of quality with the stitching and tailoring, unfortunately. Prototype looks amazing, though.

I think for a figure like this, a sculpted neck attached to the head would be a better look than this. But maybe I'm biased by the great Iminime Grove sculpt.

Last edited:
The promo picture scared me. He looked better in the video; as did the other two figures. Then I remembered this is SS, so I'm a back to being scared.
I too would have liked a sculpted neck. When he mentioned 3 looks I thought he might have meant hat-less preacher but this is SS, so that's a no.
Funny he kept telling us that Eastwood, himself, approved the sculpt. Those 92 year old eyes said these are fine.

The promo picture scared me. He looked better in the video; as did the other two figures. Then I remembered this is SS, so I'm a back to being scared.
I too would have liked a sculpted neck. When he mentioned 3 looks I thought he might have meant hat-less preacher but this is SS, so that's a no.
Funny he kept telling us that Eastwood, himself, approved the sculpt. Those 92 year old eyes said these are fine.
Clint_Eastwood_and_Chair.jpg

No way the production version has that level of quality with the stitching and tailoring, unfortunately. Prototype looks amazing, though.

I think for a figure like this, a sculpted neck attached to the head would be a better look than this. But maybe I'm biased by the great Iminime Grove sculpt.
No, I agree with you. For whatever reason, Sideshow doesn't do sculpted head+necks anymore. it's always in two pieces no matter the body they use. Some characters need it but one like this definitely doesn't need the separate head and neck

Pale Rider is such a good movie, if you haven’t seen it yet, check it out soon. The figure looks pretty good, the collar is a bit overwhelming in the pictures, but other than that, the more Clint, the better!

I'm suspicious and wary of SSC and this Clint Eastwood line since their protos don't always match the final product.

The 1/6 Nathan Drake (Uncharted) was one infamous SSC example.

And other collectors have remarked the Clone Wars sculpts in their recent videos appear to be softer than the original prototypes.

Back