Sideshow - 1/6 The Preacher (Pale Rider)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't you think this is overprice?
I think everyone is concerned about price on these. The problem is with stuff like this it's the only game in town...

So flaws in production or pricing often get overlooked because there are few options for stuff like this in a sea of Marvel and Star Wars releases.

I mean I was over the moon picking up a SS Snake Plissken figure. It has all kinds of issues, but its that or pass out holding my breath waiting on Hot Toys.

don't you think this is overprice?
Most definitely.
ArtDamage below has answered it perfectly.

I think everyone is concerned about price on these. The problem is with stuff like this it's the only game in town...

So flaws in production or pricing often get overlooked because there are few options for stuff like this in a sea of Marvel and Star Wars releases.

I mean I was over the moon picking up a SS Snake Plissken figure. It has all kinds of issues, but its that or pass out holding my breath waiting on Hot Toys.

Prob best Eastwood sculp ive seen - imagine this on The Preacher figure....

Attachments

• 48356b87322580d6c6391a3a413d1a97.jpg
    48356b87322580d6c6391a3a413d1a97.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
Seriously cant wait to get this figure, I went through the thread and saw alot of complaints. I totally get that it's either this or nothing sort of thing but c'mon guys, hes not that bad. Sidehosw more than proved themselves with Blondie. I'm waiting with baited breath for the final product. Surely the omission of the dog collar cant be that big a deal? Heck I'm sure we all own some white fabric we can fold over the big blue collar sticking out over the vest 🤷‍♂️. To be honest I kind of think sideshow made the collar so big to give the illusion of the dog collar for anyone not super familiar with the character and costume. At first glance I never even realised the dog collar was missing. Either way, this and Josy Wales paired up with Blondie on the shelf....chefs kiss!

Yeah, this has some errors/omissions I guess but overall I think this is a great looking figure! Although the sculpt may not be perfect IMO there is no doubt as to who this is supposed to be. And his clothes look very nicely done.

When I was 17 I had a job at at theatre in CA while Pale Rider was on its run so I saw this film a lot. It did remind me of High Plains drifter a lot as someone mentioned before (one of my favorite Clint Eastwood films) but has its own appeal.

All of the figures in my collection are super heroes (mostly Marvel), but I am seriously thinking of getting this figure. I will have to find a different location or area to put him I suppose but it seems like a small inconvenience to have a figure like this while Clint Eastwood is still with us.

I kind of have a soft spot for Clint Eastwood. Politics etc. aside I think he is a good man and has made some great films. One of the first movies I can remember going to with my parents as a child was The Outlaw Josey Wales (1975 or 1976), it has remained as one of my favorite movies of all time.

So I almost feel compelled to get this figure. If my dad were still alive I would certainly buy him one as a gift since he was a big fan.
Wednesday 30th June 1976, I was 2 rows back.

Back