Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Toht image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working on mine as we speak. I swapped out the neck and hand pegs with spare Indy ones. The skin tone looks way closer to that of the Toht hands and face. Both are still darker but not quite as off.

Man...those glasses are just horrible. I'm sure though that someone here will find a source for some much better ones. Here's some shots to help anyone who wants to take on the task or custom make some. You can also see that the Nazi pin needs some work, although I am incredibly impressed that it was left on the final figure. Bravo to Sideshow for that one. I'm also a little weirded out that there are squigley designs on the shirt. Where did they get the idea they were like that? I dunno. I do like the sculpt a lot but as per usual they don't seem to have done their homework and left many errors in their wake. Overall though, I dig it since it will be the only Toht we'll get, at least for a very long time. I'm just glad the sculpt turned out as nice as it did.

I think the lines are them trying to match whats on his shirt. You can see in one of your pics there are lines on the shirt. At this scale it may be a bit difficult to do for all I know. The glasses need work but the rest looks like SS did just fine on their homework.

Man...those glasses are just horrible. I'm sure though that someone here will find a source for some much better ones. Here's some shots to help anyone who wants to take on the task or custom make some. You can also see that the Nazi pin needs some work, although I am incredibly impressed that it was left on the final figure. Bravo to Sideshow for that one. I'm also a little weirded out that there are squigley designs on the shirt. Where did they get the idea they were like that? I dunno. I do like the sculpt a lot but as per usual they don't seem to have done their homework and left many errors in their wake. Overall though, I dig it since it will be the only Toht we'll get, at least for a very long time. I'm just glad the sculpt turned out as nice as it did.

Yeah, those glasses look like they belong to Brainy Smurf. I'm going to use the Dragon Dieter glasses myself.

brainy.jpg

3527700864_0234edebf6.jpg

3527699916_c69ff96e6d.jpg

I was hoping to get some better shots but the night didn't go according to plan! Good thing Billy Ray got all those kick a$$ photos up.

Like I said a post earlier, I've swapped out the wrist pegs and neck with extra Indy bits, reducing the stark contrast that's there right out of the box. I gave his duds an ironing but the collar is still meeting in the middle rather then folding down, away and over the tie. Another round of ironing should get it to where I want it, but that's going to have to wait till tomorrow.

3527700864_0234edebf6.jpg

3527699916_c69ff96e6d.jpg

I was hoping to get some better shots but the night didn't go according to plan! Good thing Billy Ray got all those kick a$$ photos up.

Like I said a post earlier, I've swapped out the wrist pegs and neck with extra Indy bits, reducing the stark contrast that's there right out of the box. I gave his duds an ironing but the collar is still meeting in the middle rather then folding down, away and over the tie. Another round of ironing should get it to where I want it, but that's going to have to wait till tomorrow.

Great work on the futzing and ironing daflosi. I will prolly just spot glue the collar ends to the shirt with elmer's.

The sculpt might actually look better with the eyebrows thinned.

Looks ok. Not really impressed, happy I am getting Mola from BV.

To be honest there are some really great qualities to this figure but the handful of bad ones really make him look bad at first, and that's just not the case. I'm looking forward to seeing what some of the more experienced board members do with him.

Great work on the futzing and ironing daflosi. I will prolly just spot glue the collar ends to the shirt with elmer's.

The sculpt might actually look better with the eyebrows thinned.

I'm going to take his tie apart and get rid of the string that's holding the knot in place. When I do that I'm going to try re-ironing the collar at a more drastic angle to achieve the proper look. I was pretty happy with the paint, for a SS factory job that is.

I like the melty head but I'm not sold on the figure itself.....too much of it seems off but the strange thing is that it only seems slightly off...

Overall I think it looks good. I love the melty head, but the regular one makes him look like he has a baby face. Just a little too young.

The hat and (especially) the glasses are an utter abomination, but everything else looks okay.

Like EVILFACE, keeping my order will depend on how the Ark turns out.

What happened to Toht's jacket belt? It looks like it was just chopped off in the pics. Can anyone confirm this if the ends were just chipped off or am I seeing things?

I'm going to take his tie apart and get rid of the string that's holding the knot in place. When I do that I'm going to try re-ironing the collar at a more drastic angle to achieve the proper look. I was pretty happy with the paint, for a SS factory job that is.

Same tie/shirt collar issue as with Belloq. I'm OK with it this time around as I know how to solve it, like you suggest. It threw me with Belloq the first time though.

Just going by the pictures, I'm good with the hat, suit, jacket, etc... everything but those glasses, which was expected from the prototype. Wish they fixed those but just one of those things I'll do myself I guess. The jacket belt is another oddity, but until I have it in hand I'm not sure just how odd it is.

Biased as I am when it comes to Toht, I'm just happy they made this guy, and that he came with so much stuff (unlike Belloq) plus a melting head.

Same tie/shirt collar issue as with Belloq. I'm OK with it this time around as I know how to solve it, like you suggest. It threw me with Belloq the first time though.

Just going by the pictures, I'm good with the hat, suit, jacket, etc... everything but those glasses, which was expected from the prototype. Wish they fixed those but just one of those things I'll do myself I guess. The jacket belt is another oddity, but until I have it in hand I'm not sure just how odd it is.

Biased as I am when it comes to Toht, I'm just happy they made this guy, and that he came with so much stuff (unlike Belloq) plus a melting head.

For hardcore Indy fans it's a slam dunk, Wor-Gar. I mean, it's f'n Toht man! I never imagined getting something like this a couple years ago!

I think many have the expectations that everything should turn out as well as a 150 dollar Hot Toys figure and anyone that expects that kind of quality from SS will be left disapointed.

On a side note, the hands are different then those of the last pro body figure I've gotten (Belloq). There's a skin texture to them that I've never seen with a SS product. Perhaps a sign of the quality they're striving for long term? Also, I'm not really sure where they could have improved the head sculpt in order to make Toht look older and not so "young", as many have said. Honestly, the sculpt is very good, but Lacey just has one of those rounded faces. Maybe a bit more age could have been shown around the eyes? But even then, his glasses would cover it. Skin texture on the face would have made a huge difference.

I think its a good likeness... but the expression is just too blank for him. He was always looking shady, not serene.

I think many have the expectations that everything should turn out as well as a 150 dollar Hot Toys figure and anyone that expects that kind of quality from SS will be left disapointed.

I think there's plenty of room for SS to improve upon Toht and many other figures in they're price range. There are lot's of HT figures that look much better than this that cost in between $100 and $135. Just look at Godfather, POTA, T700, Connor, Goemon etc, etc. 1:6 scale works of art all of them.

I just want to get a figure that looks like it should at least cost $100 if that's what I'm paying SS to get it.

I'm like Wor-Gar though, I don't mind futzing with clothes and whatnot to get a figure to look better but, like Belloq, I think Toht is beyond futzing.

I'm really happy for you guys that have been waiting for a 1:6 Toht all this time though. :rock

To be honest there are some really great qualities to this figure but the handful of bad ones really make him look bad at first, and that's just not the case. I'm looking forward to seeing what some of the more experienced board members do with him.

I was pretty impressed with the paint on mine too!

How is the body on yours?

Yeah, one end of the belt is sewn into the jacket and the other just goes to nothing.
Weird. His jacket belt in the film had a buckle like any other jacket of it's kind. Why would Sideshow just cut it off at the ends? I don't know why they put all that yellow around the swastika pin either - wasn't there in the film. The biggest complaint I have from the pics so far is the zig/zag pattern on the shirt. I find it VERY hard to believe that they couldn't find a simple stripe pattern to do the shirts with as we see in the film. If anything it would have been easier to source this material unless they saved money by buying the zig/zag stuff in bulk, but why would they go this route to short-change us?
I'm completely happy with the sculpt tho and the majority of other stuff. It does look like Toht, which I'm happy about. About the only thing I can see from the pics so far is that they used a bit too much paint on the eyebrows but thats such an easy fix. Once new glasses are found or made by someone here then it'll bring it all together nicely.
In the end and based on past experience I didn't expect Sideshow to take it as far as they should have but as has already been said, it's Toht and I'm just happy to have him.

Back