Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't be any doubting the sculpt after Josh's work. :rock

Like I said in your other thread, Josh... as soon as my other Indys arrive I'll be sending you FOUR of the heads for repaint. :banana

DA, I think you managed to make Indy look even cooler without the jacket. I'll definitely be buying an extra for the "streets of Cairo" version, and probably sending some heads your way.

IMG_7191.jpg

Just wondering....Is that the TT body your using? The shoulders look a little wide for the Pro body. :confused:

Great job Josh!!! That is the best repaint I've seen thus far!!! :rock

Good job on the hair color as well...Harrison's hair was a light brown...not as dark as Sideshow painted it...it almost appeared blondish at some points during RAIDERS.

Thanks Bardoon! That really bugged me too, that the figure had that super dark hair and the hat was almost black. In the film Harrison's hair was a light brown, almost blonde at the tips. Probably from the sun. And the hat was much lighter brown as well.

Once you fix those two things, give him better stubble and eyes... it's golden. I darkened the skin a lot too. But this figure is a stunner when done right. :rock

Very nice job Josh. I will be letting work your magic on my second Indy. Both paint and outfit I do think.

And Sean, with that shot... I wanted to get that image of Indy's first appearance in Raiders, when he stepped into the light. I really like how it came out.

It came out beautifully Josh, I plan on putting the figure into the film still as part of my plans.

In the film Harrison's hair was a light brown, almost blonde at the tips. Probably from the sun. And the hat was much lighter brown as well.

I think partly due to 80s film quality, I found at times his hair almost looked grey in Raiders, like when he sits down with Salah upon arriving to Cairo and when they're decyphering the text on the head piece.

True, but based on images, Indy's the closes to Harrison hair color. ESB Han is almost pure black, ANH is really dark but more brown than black, Indy at least looks clearly brown, even if a hair too dark.

True, but based on images, Indy's the closes to Harrison hair color. ESB Han is almost pure black, ANH is really dark but more brown than black, Indy at least looks clearly brown, even if a hair too dark.

Yeah, it is the closest they have gotten it. Just a shade dark really, but at least the right color. The hat is really where they dropped the ball in paint, it's WAAAAY too dark and hurts the likeness.

Yeah, it is the closest they have gotten it. Just a shade dark really, but at least the right color. The hat is really where they dropped the ball in paint, it's WAAAAY too dark and hurts the likeness.

Agreed. And you include the hat in your Indy head paint quote, right? :lol

BTW, I think it will a total of 5 I'll end up sending you:

2 Hatless (to be clean-shaven)
1 Hatless (w/ stubble and cut... for German Soldier)
2 Indy with Hat

:rock

lol..I told you I'm not a good photographer but he looks like he is in a trance in that one..this figure rocks!

Back