Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, I hadn't noticed it before; but with regular and exclusives added the total ES for Indy is 9,000 figures! Haven't seen that many of a figure in a long time.

I'm sure the Indy license wasn't cheap. Gotta make back that investment. With something like Star Wars there are many figures that are iconic and important. That's true of Indy for sure, sadly most collectors don't see it that way. Beyond Indy himself the market for other characters in much smaller. Hell, I would love to have every character in Raiders short of the filming crew!

A topic that came up in a conversation with pjam the other day...... If SSC could do a properly scaled, well-fitted removable hat for Belloq, why not for Indy? Not that it matters, Trevor did a great job and who wants to see Indy in full gear with no fedora, anyway? Just a musing of mine. I think it might be eor the same reason as giving him an accessory as elaborate as the idol chamber. Maybe they thought he might be a weak seller and wanted to give him an edge.

I think it's pretty much because Belloq's hair style lends better to flattening for a hat and looking normal with it off. The way Indy's parts, to flatten it like the hat would require would look bad with it off, thought they could have done a hat head with flat hair instead of the hat on head and still had the styled hair head. I agree with GB, being able to do hat tilts and such would have been fun.

Although these do seem to go smoother when the image thread is started w/in hand photos from members. When we get them from other boards we seem to end up with long threads with little images.

Absolutely, the anticipation and concern for the end quality of this figure sorta hyped making in hand images prominent, even if they weren't from here.

Where are the pics by those that could not wait and paid for next day air and all that jazz/?????

I'm uploading my pictures right now. I hope to post them before I gotta go into work tonight. If I can't tonight, I'll post them tomorrow. But, I am trying to get it done now.

A topic that came up in a conversation with pjam the other day...... If SSC could do a properly scaled, well-fitted removable hat for Belloq, why not for Indy? Not that it matters, Trevor did a great job and who wants to see Indy in full gear with no fedora, anyway? Just a musing of mine. I think it might be eor the same reason as giving him an accessory as elaborate as the idol chamber. Maybe they thought he might be a weak seller and wanted to give him an edge.

That, plus I think it was mentioned in the thread for the idol chamber was that it was because another company had the license for dioramas? So they jsut tacked this on as an 'exclusive base' for a regular figure.

Anyway, I cancelled my exclusive and switched to BBTS for a regular Indy. The exclusive items just didn't win me over the cheaper combined shipping from BBTS.

I'm uploading my pictures right now. I hope to post them before I gotta go into work tonight. If I can't tonight, I'll post them tomorrow. But, I am trying to get it done now.

Shweeet!
A few questions dude,
Did yours come with 2 left fists? or 1 left fist 1 grip hand?
Does your Indy have flimsy joints? Specially in the neck and legs?
Just checking if it's mine or a common problem...

Okay. Here's my first ten pictures of my exclusive Indy I got in today. Yeah, Kuzeh, my Indy kinda flops around too! It's disappointing. At the neck and waist. It very loose, not that stiff at all. For all of these pictures I had to pose him to make sure he wouldn't flop forward and fall on his face.

I love the figure. Trevor Grove's headsculpts are awesome! I will take the "doll dot" out of Indy's eyes on both heads, and play around with the beards some too.

Without any further delay....

The neighbors across the street have a big sand pile, and allowed me to take pictures with Indy in the sand. So, that was cool.

Indywhipgunsun.jpg

Indyfullyellowback.jpg

Indygunwhip.jpg

Be careful with the dart that goes into a small slot on the torch. It barely goes in, and it's pretty small. I didn't want to lose mine in the sand in this shot!

Indytorchdart.jpg

Indywhipdown.jpg

Sideshow added a little dirt/grime to Indy's knees on his pants out of the box. So that's one bit of "aging" we won't have to do.

IMG_3416.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

Indysuntopview.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

Indywhipgun.jpg

Enjoy! I'll post some more soon. It is really hard to take off the Indy head with the permanent fedora hat on. So, I'm just leaving it on the neck post. I hope to get a Hot Toys TT body for a Professor Indy, and some clothes from the Buffy Giles for him.

Last edited:
Great pics Mike.

I was wrong before though---I think this beast is definitely going to need a repaint, and that jacket's an abortion.

Apart from that, well---here's hoping...

Back