Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics thanks!
The jacket seems really stiff and that takes away the realism from the 1/6 scale. What I mean is that it seems to have no weight to it and therefore the creases dont crease naturally like a 1:1 scale jacket would.

Also in one of the photos that show the bare left hand...is it shadowing or what seems to be brown painted fingernails?

Oh forgot to mention the head does look big and wide. Does anyone know how tall the prometheus body is compared to other bodies? Its gonna need a taller and broader figure to compensate for the big head....

Nice pics thanks!
The jacket seems really stiff and that takes away the realism from the 1/6 scale. What I mean is that it seems to have no weight to it and therefore the creases dont crease naturally like a 1:1 scale jacket would.

Also in one of the photos that show the bare left hand...is it shadowing or what seems to be brown painted fingernails?

Oh forgot to mention the head does look big and wide. Does anyone know how tall the prometheus body is compared to other bodies? Its gonna need a taller and broader figure to compensate for the big head....

The bare hands do show a tiny bit of brown paint on the inside edge. I don't think it takes away from the figure. Yeah, the jacket needs some serious distressing, and "aging". I hope to do that, or get someone on here to do it for me someday. The Prometheus body is tall, but other than the flopping around (BIG issue for me! :banghead), it's pretty good. They should have made it very stiff, but at the torse it is very loose, and at the neck too. That is very disappointing especially for Sideshow's new "premiere" 1:6 scale body. These figures should start out very stiff when you get them. Then, they become looser over time. Not loose when you first get them, brand-new. I like the bit of dirt and grime on the knees of the pants. That's at least one nice touch of weathering out of the box for this figure.

Awesome pics Jedi Mike! Love seeing Indy 'out in the field'!

The anticipation is killing me for this one! :) I'm actually really looking forward to repainting and getting the outfit weathered and worn looking. it'll be a hoot!

Trev

Figure looks good Mike. Card was charged today so hopefully i will see him soon. Then on to repaint him and slap it on a dif body lol. :whip

Awesome pics Jedi Mike! Love seeing Indy 'out in the field'!

The anticipation is killing me for this one! :) I'm actually really looking forward to repainting and getting the outfit weathered and worn looking. it'll be a hoot!

Trev

Your headsculpts are incredible Trevor! I love them. Too bad Sideshow's paint department isn't that great. Overall it's okay...but coulda been much better. I've seen some repaints already that let your great sculpts shine through! I hope to make mine better soon. Thanks for your hard work Trevor! We all appreciate it! :D

Just got mine, getting pics ready... but I have a lot of issues with mine.

Question for tohers with Indy:

Is your shirt cut or torn where the first snap is? Mine is.

Mine is cut.

Really? What's up with that? I'll post a pic to show... but that's two so far out of what -- 4 people that got him? 50%.

I'm gonna call and get another shirt unless this is how its made.

Here's the first pic, best I could get in failing light:

Indy1.jpg

Fresh from box -- pants ride high, making him look short-waisted.

And here's my REVIEW:

OK, expectation is everything. And I had high expectations. Unfair, I'm sure.

First, overall, he's pretty cool. On a quick glance, he's very nice.

My problems are: 1) I have a cut in the shirt. 2) I have a scrape on the paint on the brim of his hat. 3) the body is wiggly. 4) the beard isn't great.

So far, that's all the mistakes I found. I hope that's it.

Other than that...

Surprisingly, I like the jacket material -- much better than I thought. In hand it's nice. Now whether I can shape it to look good, that's another question. But I see why they went with this material. It's very thin and looks like Indy's jacket. It just hangs weird.

The pants, shirt (except for my weird cut), shoes, belts, etc are all really nice.

The holster looks oversized to me.

I haven't taken the extras out yet. But they look great in the box.

The sculpt is terrific! The paint is OK. It's clean. I don't like the eyeliner. He's got those green/blue eyes!!! A big plus. But the beard is sloppy. Hat is shiny too as I feared. The hatless sculpt is better than the hatted one. Looks good from a distance though.

The body... well, like everyone else, it's very wiggly. Mine has very solid feet, which helps alot. But once you pick him up, he tends to bend and fall, so any pose you had is gone. I see the issue with the shoulders, but I think I can make it work with futzing. More experimenting with it -- posing -- is necessary to really know, but his feet and neck seem fine on mine...it's the hips and stomach that seem loose.

That's all I got so far.

Lower your expectations, and you will be happier. It's a nice figure... but it's not a complete rennaisance.

Many more pics tomorrow, futzing, everything. It's just too dark now. And I'm hungry. :)

That sucks to hear about the body... loose joints suck! And I hope the jacket can be aged. I might have to see if I can score a jacket from Shawn in the end, if it is too synthetic to be aged. I'd rather have one of his anyway.

I can't wait to have it in hand at last, just to mess with it.

it's a shame the new body sucks.:monkey2
Sure hope the joints are tightened with future releases, but there is probably nothing they can do to broaden those shoulders. Perhaps SS can shrink their heads.

Im not sure i like the new body. His torso does look small from all the pics i have seen. If anyone wants a repaint let me know ill post some pics of mine after he is completed. I think im going to swap bodies as well.

Back