Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait until that idol chamber is finished Darren, it was actually your site that first introduced me to 1/6 customization! If I had more spare time (and practice) I'd like to follow your example and make my own chamber. One day.... one day.... :whip

no way! really?? - That alone makes all the work I've done so far totally worth while. I'm so glad to have helped introduce you to this customising world of ours :bow

That Idol chamber project seems like a long lost memory, Darren. Hope you get to complete it one day soon! :rock

seems like a long lost memory? .....it FEELS like one too! :lol

photo033Large.jpg

What's the story behind this sculpt? Was it originally the hatless? I love the sculpted neck and repaint. I would pay big money for one of these and have the parts ready...:gun

Its the one with the hat. Darren just added some putty etc to the neck and sculpted some detail. You could easily do this yourself. I'm not sure if you could do the awesome paint job though. :lol

What's the story behind this sculpt? Was it originally the hatless? I love the sculpted neck and repaint. I would pay big money for one of these and have the parts ready...:gun

yeah, pretty much what Paul said... I took the hat-head and the neck, decided what angle I wanted the head at (Harrison has a distinctive 'slouch' to his neck) and superglued the neck in place. Then I took some Milliput (air-drying putty) and sculpted in the gaps and added a bit of neck-shape. Then I painted it up. (I also did stuff to the body and clothes, but there's a photo tutorial in my customs thread on this forum... too much work to go into detail here). Thanks for the kind compliment though :bow

Its the one with the hat. Darren just added some putty etc to the neck and sculpted some detail. You could easily do this yourself. I'm not sure if you could do the awesome paint job though. :lol
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl thanks Paul

That's a big negative :lol

Never took the time to look at Darren's work, fantastic stuff. Too bad he's booked for the next year at least :monkey2

yeah, pretty much what Paul said... I took the hat-head and the neck, decided what angle I wanted the head at (Harrison has a distinctive 'slouch' to his neck) and superglued the neck in place. Then I took some Milliput (air-drying putty) and sculpted in the gaps and added a bit of neck-shape. Then I painted it up. (I also did stuff to the body and clothes, but there's a photo tutorial in my customs thread on this forum... too much work to go into detail here). Thanks for the kind compliment though :bow

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl thanks Paul

:lol glad you took in the spirit it was intended , there was no offense it was all tongue in cheek. :) If you find yourself stuck for someone to add the neck connector to the head , drop me a pm I'd be happy to take a look at it for you . I've a real love for this character too, so anything I can do to help .. ?

Darren you're welcome mate ! I couldn't begin to paint anywhere near as good as you do. ( I've seen your Spock headsculpt :rock )

Oh, I should mention that it was both Darren's and Les's awesome Indy figure customising that started me off on this figure !

My Indy head and TT neck are actually with Rismo right now to be painted. I hope I didn't offend him, but I linked him the Indy page of Darren's blog and basically asked him if he could replicate it:lol Darren's paint captures the EXACT look I've tried to convey to Rismo, the stern expression and beautiful 5 oclock shadow. Thanks for the replies Darren and Paul :gun

Thanks for the kind word guys. Special thanks also to mfisher for his amazing belt & holster, Sovereign for the jacket & whip and to everyone who contributed to this thread, who’s ideas inspired me.

Back