Sideshow 1/6 R5-J2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the price is right I'll get it.
I wonder if they'll make an R2-KT next?

God please, no.

But they probably will. :monkey4

Instead of being lazy and just issuing repaints of the R2 and R5, I really wish they'd also do at least one each of an R3 (Clear dome) and R4 (Cone dome). R4-M9 would be cool.

Also, a 1:6 GNK Power Droid ("Gonk") would be sweet.

Personally I don't mind SSC making as many astromechs as they want. I'm sure they will find buyers for each one. These are easy to make, being simple repaints, they bring easy money into SSC pockets, and thus allow SSC to work on other more important things too.

Well if they were going for the one on the left then they got about 10 other things wrong. :dunno

imperialR5sbig.jpg

You said it... I thought the same thing. How hard is it to look at basic reference material?

Maybe the exclusive is having the proper paint job?:lol

What is this months code? I haven't ordered Q5 yet.

I agree about SSC milking the Astromechs. I love them though. I always enjoy seeing a new astromech on screen and would likely buy any OT model, especially imperial models.

I agree about SSC milking the Astromechs. I love them though. I always enjoy seeing a new astromech on screen and would likely buy any OT model, especially imperial models.

Oh, I would, too. Just saying it'll be nice for them to make more than just the ones with R2 and R5 domes.

I think it's: B3M1N3

Yeah, I'm happy to see more droids. I do still wish they had made one standard droid that had no opening panels. I got R5 and he's very nice, but those 4 panels all look a bit sloppy--not closing flushly, non-uniform cut lines for the opening. I'll wait until in-hand pics for all of these and see if they'll work in my display. I could see myself picking up one imperial droid, maybe the one with the lights.

God please, no.

But they probably will. :monkey4

Instead of being lazy and just issuing repaints of the R2 and R5, I really wish they'd also do at least one each of an R3 (Clear dome) and R4 (Cone dome). R4-M9 would be cool.

The story of the R2-KT droid is heart breaking.
Maybe they could put half the proceeds to charity.
R2-KT Home Page

The story of the R2-KT droid is heart breaking.
Maybe they could put half the proceeds to charity.
R2-KT Home Page
Yes, I'm VERY familiar with the story behind R2-KT. I'm part of the group that built it. So I'm also too familiar with all of the political behind-the-scenes nonsense involved with it as well, which has been going on for like 10 years now.

Did R2-KT appear in TFA? I read somewhere that it did.
Brief shot underneath an X-Wing right after the Resistance returns from destroying Starkiller Base.

I would LOVE this. More original Kenner line goodness. Somehow I find it hard to like any 1/6 OT figures that weren't in Woolworths in the late 70's or early 80's.

Back