Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm... That's enough to make me reconsider... Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely didn't mean for that response to be a negative. It's really just positioning, and making sure the arms/tools are in the right position, and the doors close fine. It's a great representation of R2 (although some say he's a little short? I think), and he looks great with the rest of the cast. The light-up features are excellent.

I definitely didn't mean for that response to be a negative. It's really just positioning, and making sure the arms/tools are in the right position, and the doors close fine. It's a great representation of R2 (although some say he's a little short? I think), and he looks great with the rest of the cast. The light-up features are excellent.

Oh that's not a problem then... I don't have a lot of Star Wars figures. Just a Sandtrooper. I don't think I'd display them together so I doubt the height would be a problem. Ok I'm back on the R2 train... Get ready because as soon as I buy him Hot Toys should announce their R2. That's probably why SSC is unloading these unpainted ones.

Oh that's not a problem then... I don't have a lot of Star Wars figures. Just a Sandtrooper. I don't think I'd display them together so I doubt the height would be a problem. Ok I'm back on the R2 train... Get ready because as soon as I buy him Hot Toys should announce their R2. That's probably why SSC is unloading these unpainted ones.

There are a number of deals for R2 right now if you're in the US. I believe you can use a $25 off code at Sideshow's site and he has free shipping too.

There are a number of deals for R2 right now if you're in the US. I believe you can use a $25 off code at Sideshow's site and he has free shipping too.

Yeah I saw that. Unfortunately I have to wait until after the holidays. I have two children and a lot of nieces and nephews that have to come first :(

Wow SS are really scraping the bottom of the bucket these days. Maybe it's better that they lose the Star Wars licence and let HT's completely take over

Chrome-R2_open_1266.jpg

Huh. It's not something I'd want to buy, but I do actually think it looks pretty cool. And it's definitely got some better weathering on it than the other version had.

It looks alright but the thing is that SSC will tack on a higher price than the original R2 because they always do for variant exclusives and that itself will be a big turn-off.

Considering that some of Sideshow's painting leaves a lot to be desired, they might just as well reduce the price and release all their sculpts unpainted. :monkey3 :p

If it's unpainted, why does it have weathering? :dunno

It's a prototype of the prototype. The production prototype you receive may differ from the prototype prototype. :p

However, there aren't any disclaimers in the photos. But Sideshow seems to have stopped doing that again for every figure.

e.g., Luke X-Wing has no disclaimer; but Boba Fett has 'PROTOTYPE SHOWN' stated above the pictures.

and what`s the point to this version. I don't know what they are doing ? I was hoping for more alien creatures not releases of old figures. like every body else has said pay more get less :dunno

An attempt to pull a Hot Toys marketing technique. Although I will say it is nice to see SS do convention exclusives again. Their last one was hologram sidious I think. I'll be at wondercon and comic con so we'll see.

I love Astromechs and it's one of those things that could fit into a display alright but for the cost of exclusives like 5-6 years ago. I have a feeling this will be around $180-$200 and that makes it easy to avoid.

unpainted r2 is as unexciting as they could have made it. should have been r2-q5 and maybe people would bite

Still hopeful for classic R2 & 3PO from Hot Toys. Seems like it might be a while. Not feeling this unpainted one.

Back