Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly how mine looked. Impossible to fix really too.

Not true.I received mine yesterday,and had exactly the same problem.45 seconds of study and I'd figured out how to fix it.To perform this feat of technical wizardry you need a small Philips screw-driver and a little patience.Take the dome off and flip it over.Remove the 3 screws that hold the bottom in place and CAREFULLY remove the bottom piece.Inside is an internal support piece,held in place by 2 screws.Remove them and shift the internal piece;you should be able to see the loose projector piece.Work it around until it's properly oriented,then push it gently but firmly into position.It appears to me that it's a pressure fitting;no glue required.Then you just re-assemble the dome;the trickiest part was keeping the LED for the projector in place(it came loose,but it goes back into place fairly easily.
So there you have it;no fuss,no hassle,no Customer Service.Granted,I worked in the toy industry for over 15 years,but come on guys,this is not rocket science.As to the plastic being"flimsy",what are you guys planning to do with your Droid,run races?It's a collectible;if you want something you can play catch with,buy Hasbro...PS

I customized the taito r2 d2 clock. since my sideshow r2 is waiting for his new dome I went ahead and gave the taito some lights instead. r2 taito 1.jpg r2 taito 2.jpg so lmk what you think since. I took these pictures yesterday. I just almost finished him

Got my new table, works great. Had a heck of a time smashing the old one, hit it with my sculpting mallet several times just to get it to crack. Surprisingly durable build, I figured it would collapse easily.

Back