Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of my favorite toys have been made by Sideshow, sad to see them go. I firmly believe they could continue making one or two Palace/Cantina creeps a year and would achieve sales numbers worth their while. I hope this Lando sells well, and I would encourage anyone who wants more Sideshow Star Wars to buy this.

Absolutely agree. Have many Sideshow figures I still love and would welcome any scum and villainy they would produce.

So I preemptively emailed Brian's Toys about the Black Friday discount on the figure since it charged in full and figured to get that cash back. They replied saying it was an error but they decided to allow the discount. I'm flabbergasted lol. I had ordered something else with it, SS excl Plo Koon, don't know if that helped!

That was very cool of them. I got my Mythos Fett from them during Black Friday too. Great sale. Glad you were able to snag this at a good price!

This figure is the equivalent of "Two-Face" from that Seinfeld character. Looks good in some pics, not so good in others...

232022ca78fc1033c555ddec1b62b834.jpg

I don?t think a company can keep the SW 1/6 license by only releasing a few background characters every year. Unfortunately. I?d wish.
Maybe Disney have given the license solely to HT now

Production pics up at Sideshow.

Thanks for the heads-up!

I really hope the non-helmet head can be widened a bit with boiling water. The stock head (seen on the left below) seems like it got narrowed during manufacture, giving it a bit of a Spengler from GB vertically stretched look. I widened it by 5% just to get an idea, maybe a bit too much - it probably only needs 3%, so hopefully the hot water trick will help.

It's still not a spot-on likeness, but the widening does give it a bit more roundness that helps.

dXq1eg9.png

Thanks for the heads-up!

I really hope the non-helmet head can be widened a bit with boiling water. The stock head (seen on the left below) seems like it got narrowed during manufacture, giving it a bit of a Spengler from GB vertically stretched look. I widened it by 5% just to get an idea, maybe a bit too much - it probably only needs 3%, so hopefully the hot water trick will help.

It's still not a spot-on likeness, but the widening does give it a bit more roundness that helps.

dXq1eg9.png
Interesting, this hot water trick, is it simply putting the sculpt in hot water for a short amount of time?

Only thing bugging me is the blaring white string on the shoulder bells is not brown. Im sure that's an easy mod though.

Only thing bugging me is the blaring white string on the shoulder bells is not brown. Im sure that's an easy mod though.
I believe so, changing it should be not that difficult but otherwise you could color it I guess?

I'm happy overall based on what I have seen in video and photos recently.

Interesting, this hot water trick, is it simply putting the sculpt in hot water for a short amount of time?

Yeah, just put the head in boiled water for maybe 2-3 minutes, get it really soft, then pull it out and press it wider with your fingers and put under cold water. It helps a bit, but that small amount might be enough with this head.

The shoulders of the body are also looking a bit too wide.

I don’t know who would sculpt that or approve of that and look at it and say “yep, that’s Billy D. for sure”. I just don’t understand Sideshow.

Back