Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall, these SSC Jawas are nice (love the accessories, don't love the fabric or hoods,) but to be very honest the custom Jawas I've seen on here look as good or better (not a hugely difficult character to make look great):

Also, the Hasbro ones - with new weapon and bandoliers - looks pretty damn good.

They do look excellent! :duff

At this price, I could re-work a SQUAD of Hasbro Jawas and still have money to burn.
Plus the fabric is COMPLETELY wrong.
PASS

This SSC Jawas deal is getting worse all the time..

thumbnail_62280.jpg

"killing the market" Yet no matter how much people complain, they still buy them. :dunno

Or cobble them together and wonder how it's even possible that someone who has to manufacture thousands and pay licensing fees to the two most expensive merchandisers in the universe could dare charge more.

At this price, I could re-work a SQUAD of Hasbro Jawas and still have money to burn.

This isn't specifically to you, but for anyone thinking "Hasbro."

Let's get something straight. Hasbro Jawas, regardless of the amount of rework, will never be good high-end 1/6 figures. They may look "fine" isolated in photographs, but they're never going to come close to these Jawas. If you want something really good, you're looking at making completely custom Jawas from scratch, nothing Hasbro has on their version would be re-usable - for starter's it's all WAY too small.

So, now look at the work/effort of making two completely custom Jawas and you may find your parts list and time are much more valuable than $220. The flip side is that the possibility exists to make a pair even better than the SSC. But it won't be for significantly less than $220 in parts, time and effort - and that's for people who even have the skill to pull it off.

This isn't specifically to you, but for anyone thinking "Hasbro."

Let's get something straight. Hasbro Jawas, regardless of the amount of rework, will never be good high-end 1/6 figures. They may look "fine" isolated in photographs, but they're never going to come close to these Jawas. If you want something really good, you're looking at making completely custom Jawas from scratch, nothing Hasbro has on their version would be re-usable - for starter's it's all WAY too small.

So, now look at the work/effort of making two completely custom Jawas and you may find your parts list and time are much more valuable than $220. The flip side is that the possibility exists to make a pair even better than the SSC. But it won't be for significantly less than $220 in parts, time and effort - and that's for people who even have the skill to pull it off.

:lecture

If everything about these figures was perfect, the price is not crazy. I do think that the heads are too small, the fabric is wrong and the eyes are too big and bright. The bandoliers and accessories are nice though.

I am kind of bummed out. I was wanting to pick a couple of these up to go with my customs. I'm going to pass on these for now.

Nobody else is going to make these; SSC won't move a ton of them because the demand isn't that high; customs require time, money and skill...aaannd they are a business that needs to make a profit to pay for salaries, wages, development/manufacturing.

As a small batch producer of designer/artisanal goods myself I can't tell you how many times people have bitched about my prices, come looking for unrealistic deals or otherwise looked for ways to undercut me. It's the psychology of:

1. Entitlement
2. A service culture that caters to entitlement.
3. Cheap goods from China, Bangladesh etc. pushed by retailers with massive buying power.

I don't know how SSC could have made these cheaper and had it be worth their while. I DO think that they're expensive; I probably won't buy them. But that's because I'm not a big enough fan.

These are super niche from a film made in 1977 in the age of MCU and the Hot Toys Iron Man juggernaut.

I get that they're expensive and the stand thing seems arbitrary at best, but what I don't get is that any company has an obligation to price things based on what a customer says sounds reasonable.

It's always what the market will bear balanced against cost. And last time I checked, the Star Wars market bears quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody else is going to make these; SSC won't move a ton of them because the demand isn't that high; customs require time, money and skill...aaannd they are a business that needs to make a profit to pay for salaries, wages, development/manufacturing.

As a small batch producer of designer/artisanal goods myself I can't tell you how many times people have bitched about my prices, come looking for unrealistic deals or otherwise looked for ways to undercut me. It's the psychology of:

1. Entitlement
2. A service culture that caters to entitlement.
3. Cheap goods from China, Bangladesh etc. pushed by retailers with massive buying power.

I don't know how SSC could have made these cheaper and had it be worth their while. I DO think that they're expensive; I probably won't buy them. But that's because I'm not a big enough fan.

These are super niche from a film made in 1977 in the age of MCU and the Hot Toys Iron Man juggernaut.

I get that they're expensive and the stand thing seems arbitrary at best, but what I don't get is that any company has an obligation to price things based on what a customer says sounds reasonable.

It's always what the market will bear balanced against cost. And last time I checked, the Star Wars market bears quite a bit.

Five years ago these would have been almost half the price.

Five years ago these would have been almost half the price.

I of course defer to your tenure and experience; but I have to ask what changed in five years?

Costs have surely gone up. If they haven't gone up *that* much, maybe blame the market. People keep buying, and prices won't halt their upward creep until people stop.

Again, I agree that these are priced at a threshold someone like me will likely halt at in the value-for-money debate, but that isn't going to stop a lot of people.

I don't have access to SSC's books but surely they know that selling x units at x price will be the best outcome for their profit margins?

Like Hot Toys, some of their creative decisions and art direction are a mystery, to put it kindly...but I can more or less see where the price is coming from. I don't have to like it...LOL...but I kind of get it.

Well..I am a big jawa fan ...I think they look great and I've ordered a set. If they come out on schedule, they'll be hitting the desert with me for some cool outdoor photos.

I love Sideshow's product gallery for these...great walk down memory lane seeing the jawas with some old Sideshow favorites in some of those shots...looks great!
Hope the little scavengers are available once they hit stateside...would love to get a second set for Jabba and his display...

^^i thought the photo gallery was awesome too. Inside and outside the cantina shots are so cool, good use of the dewback (like the shot through the window), Jawas sharing a brew, sitting Jawas. Love it. Makes me wish I didn't get rid of the cantina environment, but alas, no space for all that good stuff.

LOL u guiys are wrongg about the price.

and wait so there is no REG what so ever which mean i have to get in through SSC?

Back