Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At that price, a simple "Gonk" droid could have been included. A square box with two tubed legs shouldn't be too difficult or costly to make.

I have a feeling that the Hasbro 12" line Jawas on Ebay are going to start selling like hotcakes... ;)

Was really looking forward to the Jawas but price is kind of underwhelming. Funny how nothing Under $200 seems to be worth putting on the market these days.

Tough choices ahead for Star Wars collectors. Almost hope TFA will suck so i can skip anything related to the new movie(s) and focus on OT/PT.

That's too bad... although I don't care for the new stands, so not a major loss. But a sand base would have been a nice addition.

Out of a lot of different figs, I would say the Jawas would have benefited the most from sculpted base for display.

Neither of the Yoda's (the other shorties released so far) came with a stand. Due to the height you can't really use one... but some kind of sand base would have been a welcome addition.

Dagobah Yoda came with a very well sculpted log

If these really are "true value" prices, I don't see how it's profitable to make secondary characters anymore, I can't see many takers at theses prices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is what is sort of sad - SSC are the only ones that will make Tarkin, Rebel Hoth trooper, Dengar etc - but we are looking at $200-250 going forward and so there goes the cool second tier guys, which is what SSC did best.

I have a feeling that the Hasbro 12" line Jawas on Ebay are going to start selling like hotcakes... ;)

Sorry, Hasbro just weighed in and said due to the creation of an entirely new body and light-up eyes feature, their Jawa will be $100 each going forward.:lol

Overall, these SSC Jawas are nice (love the accessories, don't love the fabric or hoods,) but to be very honest the custom Jawas I've seen on here look as good or better (not a hugely difficult character to make look great):

Also, the Hasbro ones - with new weapon and bandoliers - looks pretty damn good.

For 250.00 they should have included r5d4 with the Jawas. I would have been OK with that and would have Preordered day 1. No way they are worth 219.00 just for the pair. Not a hard figure to make. Will have to get Hasbro ones before prices get stupid. Will wait for this to discount. Again, another example of pricing killing the market. They should have been 149.99 at the most. Really sad.

Gonna put it out there...

The hood of the tall one looks like an uncircumcised ***** :slap

Price is a joke :(

The price does suck , but will be a sucker and buy. I'm going to hold out until SDCC starts when hopefully there will be a coupon code.

A Sandcrawer themed base would have really made this set complete. No, I don't mean the whole sand crawler!
Just a portion. ....Part of the wheel/belt or even just the industrial scrap looking floor inside the crawler.

Imagine the possibilities of displaying R5 and HT Luke with these little guys?

For 250.00 they should have included r5d4 with the Jawas. I would have been OK with that and would have Preordered day 1. No way they are worth 219.00 just for the pair. Not a hard figure to make. Will have to get Hasbro ones before prices get stupid. Will wait for this to discount. Again, another example of pricing killing the market. They should have been 149.99 at the most. Really sad.

I agree since R5d4 was not a major player like jawas you get more for buck

Holy smokes, can't believe the negativity in here. All of you guys may as well bail from collecting anything from a major franchise right now, because the prices aren't getting any cheaper. What the heck was anyone expecting? Have a look at what Avergers fans are paying HT for their line-up, for Christ's sake. :lol

And PS, I can't afford everything I want (nor do I have space) but it's just forced me to ruthlessly edit down my wants. Being all entitled and ragging on SSC for not hitting your financial sweet spot is lame, though.

Holy smokes, can't believe the negativity in here. All of you guys may as well bail from collecting anything from a major franchise right now, because the prices aren't getting any cheaper. What the heck was anyone expecting? Have a look at what Avergers fans are paying HT for their line-up, for Christ's sake. :lol

And PS, I can't afford everything I want (nor do I have space) but it's just forced me to ruthlessly edit down my wants. Being all entitled and ragging on SSC for not hitting your financial sweet spot is lame, though.

:goodpost:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Invictus Sol again.

It is indeed, but when the price is overly inflated I think as paying customers anyone here has the right to complain. At 149$, I to was a buyer, now I'll pick my spots like you said

Jawas are pretty essential so I'm pretty sure I'm in for these guys. R5-D4 would look great with them, but so will R2 and 3PO so still not sure R5 would be necessary. Just have to figure out how I'll display everything. All this OT goodness between HT and SS right now is pretty amazing. Can't buy everything as you said, Sol, but great seeing it all get made.

Back