Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if people say it's a good price for two figures the're stupid. These are half figures ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this price it should have, at the very minimum, included stands. Even Hot Toys provides a stand at that price. Their excuse that it would have increased the costs/pricepoint holds no credibility. If they had at least included an exclusive droid like a Treadwell then I could justify the pricepoint.

Over priced? Probably. No stands? Yeah that sucks. Jawas? I have always loved Jawas, so i ordered them. It would have been cool to get another little droid though from the Sandcrawler scene.

You will buy them because you think they are cute. Cute always prevails.

And each of them is less than half the price of a full sized figure.

Still i want 4 for that price. Simply recast both and give us the fourpack [emoji16]

Without the customer, there is no business.

Of course, but without adequate profit margin there is no product, either.

I can make x for this price and pay the bills. If no one buys it because they think it's too expensive, I am now faced with a choice. Accept less profit, or decline to make it as it is no longer worth my while.

Sometimes the sensible course is not to make it. It's not as if there's a highly competitive, high volume 1/6 scale Jawa market driving prices down.

£195 or $305 these in the UK. No thanks.

Thing is though I have this year got:
Luke Hoth for £120 rrp £175
Han Hoth for £105 rrp £175
Rex Phase 2 for £99 rrp £135
And a STAP for £81.

I will be willing to pay £120 for these.

I'm disappointed by the price, and I'm not really happy with the way they look. The one with the small hood looks like the old Kenner figure (vinyl Cape).
I wish they would've sold them as singles, that way the customer could buy one or as many as they wanted.

What a brilliant argument, TaliBane. The responses you've gotten on price are clearly wasted, honestly.

Not an argument - fact. Argument requires debate.

I'm all for shutting out those who can't afford it. Hobby's better without them. You and me - we're with SSC all the way to $300 and beyond (i.e. in two years.) We'll form a club, Sideshow issues exclusive ascots embroidered with their logo, it'll be great. New site - wealthysideshowcollectors.com. Best part... no whiners. Well, maybe over likeness or apps, but definitely not price.:clap

Didn't understand your second sentence. You mean the responses that immediately surrounded yours:

Well if people say it's a good price for two figures the're stupid. These are half figures ;)

At this price it should have, at the very minimum, included stands. Even Hot Toys provides a stand at that price. Their excuse that it would have increased the costs/pricepoint holds no credibility. If they had at least included an exclusive droid like a Treadwell then I could justify the pricepoint.

I would hate to see what Jabba and the throne would cost today.

I'm not happy about the price like most everyone but I also understand the fact that they are quality figures and no one will make them . I love SS but with these prices I now have to be much more selective with my purchases . Basically it's pretty much OT at this point for me.

Who says there shouldn't be a headsculpt for Jawas...:lol

j6fn0.jpg

Not an argument - fact. Argument requires debate.

I'm all for shutting out those who can't afford it. Hobby's better without them. You and me - we're with SSC all the way to $300 and beyond (i.e. in two years.) We'll form a club, Sideshow issues exclusive ascots embroidered with their logo, it'll be great. New site - wealthysideshowcollectors.com. Best part... no whiners. Well, maybe over likeness or apps, but definitely not price.:clap

Didn't understand your second sentence. You mean the responses that immediately surrounded yours:

I hope this is a joke.

I can never tell on the Star Wars board.

The one thing no one knows is ssc profit margin, and to me they have increased their profit sizeably over the last five years. Nothing else I buy has gone up even close to the amount that these figures have. In fact most consumer goods have dropped in prices.

The one thing no one knows is ssc profit margin, and to me they have increased their profit sizeably over the last five years. Nothing else I buy has gone up even close to the amount that these figures have. In fact most consumer goods have dropped in prices.

Inflation isn't the primary force driving up prices on stuff like this, opportunistic greed is.

Back