Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pass. Price is too high for this. $160 is the most I would have paid for this. This price makes it easier to cut back on collecting. I am running out of space anyway. This will probably sit around for a long time at SSC.

Holy smokes, can't believe the negativity in here. All of you guys may as well bail from collecting anything from a major franchise right now, because the prices aren't getting any cheaper. What the heck was anyone expecting? Have a look at what Avergers fans are paying HT for their line-up, for Christ's sake. :lol

And PS, I can't afford everything I want (nor do I have space) but it's just forced me to ruthlessly edit down my wants. Being all entitled and ragging on SSC for not hitting your financial sweet spot is lame, though.
I'm normally not one to complain about prices but I feel like for what these are they are sort of expensive. I'll still get them because I love the Original Trilogy and especially want to get stuff from A New Hope. I just think these two are expensive compared with other human characters from Hot Toys that have more going on.

Also people talk crap about Hot Toys raising prices but to me it seems like Sideshow has gotten higher over a shorter period of time and their quality doesn't reflect the prices they charge. That's why I tend to be more negative towards their products in particular.

Perspective. Low volume = high prices. I have parts to make some sweet custom Jawas, but there's no way I could ever sell them for $110 ea. Maybe $250. When you start looking at the economics of small run production you'll realize the price isn't so bad after all.

Holy ****. I thought these were going to be on the lower end especially since they weren't much really but man was I wrong.

Perspective. Low volume = high prices. I have parts to make some sweet custom Jawas, but there's no way I could ever sell them for $110 ea. Maybe $250. When you start looking at the economics of small run production you'll realize the price isn't so bad after all.
That's a different situation entirely though. Obviously a company like Sideshow is able to buy things in higher volume and produces way more product.

If they did an R5-D4 jawa 2-pack it would be $250 in theory. That seems worse to me even though it's the same price breakdown.

That's a different situation entirely though. Obviously a company like Sideshow is able to buy things in higher volume and produces way more product.

It's not different at all. Only the scale is different, which is why they can charge $220 for TWO different figures. Everything about these figures is unique so they're going to cost Sideshow a lot more than many other of their figures. All of this is irrelevant to the consumer and I recognize that. $220 is a big chunk of change for a pair of Jawas, most companies wouldn't bother making these figures because the price point just wouldn't work for them.

Insane price. Easy pass. I reworked my Hasbro Jawas, articulated them, detailed them, painted them, etc, and they look fine.

Sean

You can basically get HT ANH Luke for this price.

Even if you glued the 2 Jawa's together...who would you rather have?!

Holy smokes, can't believe the negativity in here. All of you guys may as well bail from collecting anything from a major franchise right now, because the prices aren't getting any cheaper. What the heck was anyone expecting? Have a look at what Avergers fans are paying HT for their line-up, for Christ's sake. :lol

And PS, I can't afford everything I want (nor do I have space) but it's just forced me to ruthlessly edit down my wants. Being all entitled and ragging on SSC for not hitting your financial sweet spot is lame, though.

Yoda was $99 with no lights and less of a costume. He had accessories (basically, a stand and a few bits of junk), but he was pre-Disney. It makes sense.

$220 is a big chunk of change for a pair of Jawas, most companies wouldn't bother making these figures because the price point just wouldn't work for them.

And it's probably why they're producing them in limited quantities.

Last edited:
If they did an R5-D4 jawa 2-pack it would be $250 in theory. That seems worse to me even though it's the same price breakdown.

Jawas 219.99 and r5d4 is 139.99 = 359.98. All 3 should have been 250.00 as a 3 pack, so price break down is not the same.

Gotcha. But all 3 should be 250.00. Price point now is killing the market.
Sold! :) With coupons it's $320 but probably $20 shipping. Wonder if any of these Star Wars figures will get spook 2016 discounts. That's a long way off though. I could see the Hoth figures getting a 30% off at spook if they're still around.

Back