Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i may just wait for joost to make the throne, I feel its inevitable. All i need is jabba and crumb, which i think are big enough upgrades. The throne though...I'm just not feeling it.

He's never made anything that wasn't flat metal with sharp corners, etc. Jabba's throne isn't his thing.

I really would like this if it wasn’t so damn expensive. Jabba is one of my last grail pieces for my Star Wars collection. I just can’t see dropping north of $800 for him and the throne though.

I could not afford the set. I have the original set which is fine for me if they released him separate on his own I would upgrade jabba himself.

Yeah, I think it's hard to get your head around the idea that Jabba and his throne - which were formerly a large (but simple) 1/6 figure and a (fairly simple) display base - are now in that "mega collectible" $1000 range category along with Batmobiles and Deloreans etc.

I know prices have gone nuts in the past few years (who'd have thought Yoda could be a $200 fig?) but it's hard to comprehend Jabba with a fairly featureless block as a $800+ (I'm guessing this is close to $1000 for international buyers) item on-par with the complexity of Hulk-busters and Deloreans that have hundreds of intricate parts with individual paint apps and complex functioning mechanics.

That being said if this was a totally nailed Jabba that was like HT Tarkin - pretty much the living character shrunken down to 1/6 - I'd probably be onboard with buying this because I love Jabba. The issue is, as with many SSC figures, it's very nice but misses the mark in certain fundamental areas. On this, the sculpt just isn't quite there, and I know from experience that the paint (which is always so nice in the proto) will be maybe 60-70% the quality of what the proto shows.

As is often the case with Sideshow, you can almost see the SSC staff looking at prices of HT stuff and going "they charged that for their figure, so we can too, or even charge more!" - when the SSC to HT match-up doesn't quite compute. They probably glanced at Hulkbuster and Delorean and said "same size as Jabba, so... same price!"

For only $200 more than this, you could have bought two Tauntauns AND a Dewback.

I really would like this if it wasn’t so damn expensive. Jabba is one of my last grail pieces for my Star Wars collection. I just can’t see dropping north of $800 for him and the throne though.

wait for that 20 dollar coupon..:p

Oh Man..I remember my set up. I have to admit..I was rather fond of it. :thud:
Sadly, I had to sell my collection to pay my attorney to fight for custody of my daughter. No joke, I had one hell of a collection of SS SW figures.

Attachments

• IMG_1094.JPG
    IMG_1094.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1084 2.JPG
    IMG_1084 2.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 179
With roughly $750 you could get the Emperor with throne- lightup feature included, 2 shining Red Royal Guards that will make stunning display..and those are Hot Toys quality!

dropping $800 alone on this Jabba must be very die hard fans

:lol, yeah that’ll be a big help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haa I kid ya..But seriously, 800 bucks is downright insane. Its like Sideshow just reached in the air and grabbed the first number that popped into their heads.

Yeah, I think it's hard to get your head around the idea that Jabba and his throne - which were formerly a large (but simple) 1/6 figure and a (fairly simple) display base - are now in that "mega collectible" $1000 range category along with Batmobiles and Deloreans etc.

I know prices have gone nuts in the past few years (who'd have thought Yoda could be a $200 fig?) but it's hard to comprehend Jabba with a fairly featureless block as a $800+ (I'm guessing this is close to $1000 for international buyers) item on-par with the complexity of Hulk-busters and Deloreans that have hundreds of intricate parts with individual paint apps and complex functioning mechanics.

That being said if this was a totally nailed Jabba that was like HT Tarkin - pretty much the living character shrunken down to 1/6 - I'd probably be onboard with buying this because I love Jabba. The issue is, as with many SSC figures, it's very nice but misses the mark in certain fundamental areas. On this, the sculpt just isn't quite there, and I know from experience that the paint (which is always so nice in the proto) will be maybe 60-70% the quality of what the proto shows.

As is often the case with Sideshow, you can almost see the SSC staff looking at prices of HT stuff and going "they charged that for their figure, so we can too, or even charge more!" - when the SSC to HT match-up doesn't quite compute. They probably glanced at Hulkbuster and Delorean and said "same size as Jabba, so... same price!"

For only $200 more than this, you could have bought two Tauntauns AND a Dewback.
Sideshow has been absurdly high priced for a long time. I know we all talk about prices but they take it to the next level and they’ve been guilty of gouging people for a long time and giving little for what you pay for. Figures like Red 5 or Snow Speeder Luke are good examples of figures that came with next to nothing yet they charged well over what Hot Toys would have (and did) charge for a similar figure (farmboy and Jedi Luke are both less). The quality hasn’t gone up, if anything with Sideshow it’s gotten worse. At least Hot Toys keeps a level of consistency or improves.

This Jabba and throne feels totally out of line in my opinion. Sure they’re giving you a decent amount but even so I don’t see the entire package adding up to $800 plus.

Sideshow has been absurdly high priced for a long time. I know we all talk about prices but they take it to the next level and they’ve been guilty of gouging people for a long time and giving little for what you pay for. Figures like Red 5 or Snow Speeder Luke are good examples of figures that came with next to nothing yet they charged well over what Hot Toys would have (and did) charge for a similar figure (farmboy and Jedi Luke are both less). The quality hasn’t gone up, if anything with Sideshow it’s gotten worse. At least Hot Toys keeps a level of consistency or improves.

This Jabba and throne feels totally out of line in my opinion. Sure they’re giving you a decent amount but even so I don’t see the entire package adding up to $800 plus.
I heard they were making a Sarlacc Pit of Carkoon next.
Once pre-ordered, your wallet will face a new definition of suffering as it is slowly digested over a thousand years.

Oh Man..I remember my set up. I have to admit..I was rather fond of it. :thud:
Sadly, I had to sell my collection to pay my attorney to fight for custody of my daughter. No joke, I had one hell of a collection of SS SW figures.

Godamn that sucks! We’re you victorious?

Back