Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the cool things with this one is that you can pose him dead, or with the tongue out being chocked by slave leia (to be announced in two months). etc
overall a really nice paint job not only on jabba but also the throne. (prototypes always look good).

i have the original set and love it, i still think i will buy this one.. collectors are into variations aren't they? i hate when people sells the old to get the new.
real collectors have a collection of ****s. the more variations of the same character the better.

did the vintage collectors threw away their carded figures when they saw hot toys looked better?

sideshow-hot toys will never be as valued as the old stuff for sure. but the same mindset should also apply to these new china plastic toys we call our collection.

keep the old one. buy the new one, have two to display, get a job, use the monthly payment sideshow offers. and stop saying you are going to pass on this when we all know that's a lie.

my 2 cents.

As someone who has Jabba 1/6 diaoroma... Not sure about this one. The tail really bothers me with the lack of a curl. Sitting on the throne with the tail hanging off is not movie accurate.

I like the interchange pieces but that tail is almost a deal breaker. Also the throne I need more on, it looks nearly identical to original.

That being said where is my band?

Go here, suggest it directly to Sideshow. They already have the sculpts and molds and it seems like a no-brainer with Jabba coming out.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/suggest/

shipping is always "free" with statues and big items. "free" as included in price ;) 10 year old sideshow trick "promotional free shipping".

never trust the "low stock remaining" trick either sideshow 101
Capture.jpg

Bbts looks like the best route to go if you really want this thing. Sure the nrd is a *****, but the shipping on this sob is easily going to be $70+ depending. Looks awesome though. Need the max rebo band too...

99.9% of the time big items or expensive items get this bs promotion.
i have 34 statues, never paid shipping on any of them.

Love to see that confirmed since there's no 'free shipping' listed anywhere around Jabba. He ain't a statue.

I think you're going to be disappointed.

Bbts looks like the best route to go if you really want this thing. Sure the nrd is a *****, but the shipping on this sob is easily going to be $70+ depending. Looks awesome though. Need the max rebo band too...

Until SS changes the weight in the description which as of now is TBD, and then we realize the throne is made of cheap lightweight plastic.. And S&H is a "reasonable" $40.. :lol

Can't wait for the Jabba HT version, or the 66 batmobile, or Rey's speeder, or the falcon cockpit. Wait, those were actually shown and we didn't get them? Then that means..... Damn it.:rotfl

Took 'em a long time to do the emperor and throne but they did it. And now that HT is dipping their toes into ROTJ it wouldn't be all that surprising if the did Jabba too. And if that happens I would feel like a jackass if I had $850 into this...

The dimensions of the box will raise the shipping cost even without the added weight.

That is true. The new/latest way the shipping companies screw us... Dimensional weight. Genius.. That guy got a raise.

Yeah, the more space it takes up in cargo the more it costs. And this will cost. 30" long without stuffing and Styrofoam. Box could be 40 inches.

Back