Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you followed their premium formats at all? Lot of those linger and are just as large and similar in price.

Plus the more expensive and larger that this open edition Star Wars life size busts, legendary scale figures and life size figures still available for months since release.

Brother Cousin's Toy Review

Great review. Though I can’t get over the eyes/ mouth seems. It makes it look very “toyish”. Yes I know, al of our 1:6 scale figures are action figures/ toys. However when posed right and hiding seems they can appear as 1:6 scale statues. Unfortunately with this piece there’s no way to hide the seems to give it a more realistic look.

I love that this isn't another lazy remake from Sideshow.

I agree. Shows what they are capable of when they do try.

I also agree that my current mostly HT Star Wars display has become less creature centric than my inner kid would have liked. This Jabba will really change that dynamic quickly.

I never really wanted the entire throne for Jabba, but since the original I have the Emperor in throne and Tarkin with chair and will have Maul with Speeder bike so the idea of a "seating arrangement" now makes sense.

I also just watched a set of Blitzway Ghostbusters go for $830 on ebay this morning. For comparisons, that's a set of three figures for about what Jabba costs -- yet I see better value in this Jabba (with throne and Crumb) then I do for the three key Ghostbusters comedians.

Last edited:
Great review. Though I can’t get over the eyes/ mouth seems. It makes it look very “toyish”. Yes I know, al of our 1:6 scale figures are action figures/ toys. However when posed right and hiding seems they can appear as 1:6 scale statues. Unfortunately with this piece there’s no way to hide the seems to give it a more realistic look.

My feeling about the seams is that when you look at the statue from a normal viewing distance (say 3 feet or more away), they pretty much disappear into the other wrinkles on his face. They do stand out in close-ups.

Seriously considering making this my first payment plan purchase through Sideshow...

Must consider further before making the final decision. I have a little Reward Points available as well. Enough to cover the shipping...

I am no longer an active collector of 1/6 scale figures, so take this with the proverbial grain of salt, but I think this piece is easily more impressive than 3 or 4 individual figures sitting on a shelf. In that sense the value is there. You just have to think about whether you like Jabba well enough to devote that much space and money to him.

Agree with this... depends on which figures of course, but in the end Jabba will be more significant and more of an attention magnet than most whole shelfs of Figures.

I wouldn't want to drag out the buyers remorse over 3 months. That's what credit cards are for.
That’s a pretty big hit to take at once though. I just got charged for Palpatine and throne from BBTS and kinda cringe at seeing that charge to my card in addition to my regular purchases. I do like flex pay still. I know a lot of people will just say to set aside funds, but it still seems easier to swallow small payments over a span of time than dishing out large payments at once.

This is looking nice and really turned out great. Congrats to those delving in, but for me having the original whole set up I just can't justify paying $800+ for this. Plus I've never even had the space to display the original so it's all still sealed new in boxes. Just as this would most likely be for quit some time. I thought about selling it over the years due to it's high resale value, but I figured once I had the space and a place to put it, it would end up being one of my favorite SW pieces. One of the most memorable and coolest moments from the OT. Thus why I bought it to begin with, even knowing Jabba would be in his card board prison for quite some time (not this long though :(). If SS was selling Jabba by himself as well, like the original, I would probably be having a much harder time with this as I could simply keep and use the original Throne base.

My 2nd & biggest issue with this is that it's a 1/6 scale statue to put with 1/6 scale action figures. It's not an action figure. There is NO articulation whatsoever, and it's a hard solid resin/fiberglass piece (other than some really nice throw pillows and rugs :)). It goes together with block joints and magnets. Some of my 1/6 scale Gentle Giant busts go together the same way. I admire SS work on this, but for me I also can't get past that it's a statue. The same reason I didn't buy the SS Dewback back when. I wanted it, and even had space for it (it could fit on a shelf where as Jabba was too deep), but it was a statue. I think it would look odd when I place my SS Bubo pack, Gamorrean Guard, C-3PO, R2-D2 (finally a reason to take the serving tray out of the box and try it out) and HT Luke Jedi figures with this. Just like I wouldn't buy a 1/6 scale statue of a SW figure and put it on the same shelf surrounded with my 1/6 scale SS & HT action figures. My favorite character is Vader by far, and I'm still trying to convince myself to come up with the $600 for the 1/4 HT figure. Which is an action figure. I stopped buying statues many moons ago.

I'm not trying to convince or deter anyone from buying this magnificent piece. If you have the money, the space, then by all means go for it. But I think I'm content waiting for/hoping for HT to come along and truly make a great 1/6 scale Jabba action FIGURE. I do look forward to even more awesome photo's to all you lucky guys and gals picking this up. Maybe I'll change my tune when I see him surrounded by all his pals in some glorious photo's.

No free shipping from Timewalker. That again makes me 2nd guess BBTS's $4 shipping. Not sure how they can afford it.

In any event, Timewalker's discount is the same as the SS reward points, so if you do not want to be obligated to an SS purchase in the future, TW would be the way to go. Same price.

That’s a pretty big hit to take at once though. I just got charged for Palpatine and throne from BBTS and kinda cringe at seeing that charge to my card in addition to my regular purchases. I do like flex pay still. I know a lot of people will just say to set aside funds, but it still seems easier to swallow small payments over a span of time than dishing out large payments at once.

That's true.

I don't understand the "statue" argument other than as a way to justify NOT getting this I guess. I mean, the original Jabba hardly qualifies as an action figure. So it had twistable arms -- with very little range of motion due to his girth. Is that really where the line is drawn? Old Jabba is an action figure where this new one is not? I'd say old Jabba was basically a statue with partially moving arms. I don't know where the dividing line is but 2007 Jabba must be straddling it.

As far as "action" figure goes, I'd say this new "statue" has a lot more posing options that old Jabba ever could.

That's true.

I don't understand the "statue" argument other than as a way to justify NOT getting this I guess. I mean, the original Jabba hardly qualifies as an action figure. So it had twistable arms -- with very little range of motion due to his girth. Is that really where the line is drawn? Old Jabba is an action figure where this new one is not? I'd say old Jabba was basically a statue with partially moving arms. I don't know where the dividing line is but 2007 Jabba must be straddling it.

As far as "action" figure goes, I'd say this new "statue" has a lot more posing options that old Jabba ever could.

And it's not like real live-action Jabba was particularly mobile himself, lol.

Last edited:
Back