Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 500
Would have gotten it.

But with the size requirements, and size of the price , its a pass.

And wTF is up with that tongue????

I mean ....its kinda......erect???

Should have looked more like this ...
Jabba_licks_his_lips_in_anticipation_of_victory.jpg

And DO NOT ever look up “Jabba Tongue” with safe search off....

The internet is full of strange strange people...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

In a lot of ways I think the production pillows look better than the prototype, there's more weathering and they seem a little more muted. The leather hide looks more realistically weathered in that pic. It's thin and has a similar feel to the 1/6 jawa leather vest. I actually switched it out with the custom real leather hide scrap I made for my old jabba set. Regardless their new faux leather rug is much better than the old Sideshow one.

Oh and how could I almost forget, the fur animal hide is FANTASTIC!
View attachment 440613

That fur looks great. Good job Sideshow.

This will sound silly, but I was wondering where the striped pillow went -- I only ask because I see the striped pillow in actual stills of Jabba on his dias.

There is one striped pillow, but I stand corrected the proto pillow is a little nicer. The production one has less colors to the pattern.20190119_003429.jpg

You and me both. I haven't been this torn (and tempted) on a figure in a long, long time. But then I think of CA tax AND shipping.

Jeez, where are those $20 coupons when you need 'em? :lol

Cali tax is unfortunate. But I bet it isn't going to snow nearly a foot this evening. Too bad they won't let you drive over and pick up to offset the tax, I think I remember you saying you live really close.

Those $20 coupons...they started as monthly codes, then you only got them on boxes, then you only randomly got them on boxes, then they disappeared. Truth is those codes should be like $40 now if they increased at the pace of the figures.

Cali tax is unfortunate. But I bet it isn't going to snow nearly a foot this evening. Too bad they won't let you drive over and pick up to offset the tax, I think I remember you saying you live really close.

Those $20 coupons...they started as monthly codes, then you only got them on boxes, then you only randomly got them on boxes, then they disappeared. Truth is those codes should be like $40 now if they increased at the pace of the figures.

Yeah, those codes became like a 1970s grandma giving a dollar and saying not to spend it all in the same place. $20 off doesn't even bring the figure back to 2017 pricing.:lol

There is one striped pillow, but I stand corrected the proto pillow is a little nicer. The production one has less colors to the pattern.View attachment 440614

That works. Thanks for that.

Funny, it says it comes with 9 pillows but I've counted 11 in everyone's photos. Sideshow giving a little extra...? Who'd have thought?

I'm dreaming of a situation where SS sends me a "we want you back" code worth $200 off Jabba.

I'd bite, Sideshow. Are you listening?

For 500
Would have gotten it.

But with the size requirements, and size of the price , its a pass.

And wTF is up with that tongue????

I mean ....its kinda......erect???

Should have looked more like this ...
Jabba_licks_his_lips_in_anticipation_of_victory.jpg

And DO NOT ever look up “Jabba Tongue” with safe search off....

The internet is full of strange strange people...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Yeah, when I was looking up slave leia ref for my custom, I was amazed the depth (and I do mean some pretty deep depths) to which people delve into "fan art" and "fan fiction" based on Leia/Jabba's Palace. And it takes quite a bit to amaze me these days but X-rated Jabba's Palace artwork/scenarios that people clearly took a LOT of time with certainly came close.:lol

Yeah, those codes became like a 1970s grandma giving a dollar and saying not to spend it all in the same place. $20 off doesn't even bring the figure back to 2017 pricing.:lol

I had an Aunt that would send me a birthday card and $1 every year until I was in my late teens.

Your comparison is perfect. When I was a kid I could buy three packs of baseball cards for a dollar. But by the time was in junior high I remember thinking "why waste the money on postage". I should have just been grateful for the thought:lol

Good god..this thread is blowing up at the moment. An hour ago I had 4 questions that have already been answered. Definitely looks like I won't be selling Salacious Crumb 1.0 when I part with my original Jabba.
It may be lens distortion but the arms/hands seem Popeye like in some pics - even though they were big, the real ones had a human arm/hand inside them.
That's exactly what I was thinking.* "But there's human arms and hands in there.* They're just way oversized." Other than the arms, the only thing I wish was done differently is if the tail was curved. You'd think they would've included the option to do so. Just looks a little odd with it all erect like that lol.

Another thing that nudging me toward ordering is that it is so close to shipping out. I had almost completely taken this off my radar so it's almost like something really cool has been announced and is shipping out in like a month or less...I actually could be tearing into the box SOON!

It isn't in my cart yet, but I might have opened a Sideshow window on the page of the mighty slug.

Man, I need to stay out of this thread. I'm starting to feel tempted as well, especially after seeing how great the final paint job turned out (which is something I can't believe I'm saying about a Sideshow figure).

Although it does seem to be missing that glossier/slimier look the proto had in the video.

Capture3334.JPG

Another thing that nudging me toward ordering is that it is so close to shipping out. I had almost completely taken this off my radar so it's almost like something really cool has been announced and is shipping out in like a month or less...I actually could be tearing into the box SOON!

It isn't in my cart yet, but I might have opened a Sideshow window on the page of the mighty slug.

I thought the same thing.

Of course I could have ordered something’s else that might be a bit more spectacular but it’s a little further down the road. Sometimes a lot further.

Preorders are a necessity but it’s nice to just screw waiting and buy something that’s pretty cool and available at the time.

Stars have aligned. Will be a cool set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back