Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely agree, Zuckuss is a very original design. I have to say it was years before I realized 4-LOM was just a redesigned protocol droid; maybe that had to do with him being missing from the big 4! Haha.

Besides Fett, Zuckuss is the only hunter that's pretty much all newly designed costume. Ig-88 is the distillery head, with various used parts. Dengar is a mix of stormtrooper and snowtrooper armor. Bossk the Saurin mask and reused background cantina patron flight suit. Lastly 4-LOM for the modified protocol droid body.

Even though they were cobbled together, they all read Star Wars and have ( I think in part do to kenner) really become the most iconic background extras in the series.

Besides Fett, Zuckuss is the only hunter that's pretty much all newly designed costume. Ig-88 is the distillery head, with various used parts. Dengar is a mix of stormtrooper and snowtrooper armor. Bossk the Saurin mask and reused background cantina patron flight suit. Lastly 4-LOM for the modified protocol droid body.

Even though they were cobbled together, they all read Star Wars and have ( I think in part do to kenner) really become the most iconic background extras in the series.

It's true, but it's also super weird that the Zuckuss and 4-LOM heads have such similar mask sculpts - ie that there was some kind of "re use." I don't think I've ever seen an explanation for that.

It seems to me that to save money they took a cast of the mask sculpt and made minor alterations to the sculpt, cut bigger eye holes and cut back the chin mandibles to create the 4-LOM look then used a different mouthpiece to make them appear more different.

But the look and shape is so similar, and it's a weird thing why they aren't more different sculpts. The fact one is a droid and one a creature helps to sell them as different masks, though there was debate for years about whether 4-LOM was a robot or a robot/creature, because of his head.

I don’t remember who’s Bib this is but the sculpt looks solid with a repaint. Though the seams could use some sanding.

a8423f304c3c7b12bfeb2332c2c53502.jpg

b2537e0cd5582c417ba97801e3a4ab78.jpg

01fdb5423a933d997b1ced51f7e34c90.jpg

200a4c6adec443e4c48b4586e08bba6c.jpg

da5c9eed4a24c8806b7fd3a9d4f91984.jpg

Yes, it was a good head sculpt for it’s time and with a body swap and a water treatment he can look pretty good. But still I’d love to have an up to date version of him. And any of the other aliens really. ...can’t we at least get an Ackbar!?

The "dead" IG droid and and 4-LOM in the Cloud City trash/furnace area always fascinated me growing up. I couldn't help but theorize that maybe they *were* IG-88 and 4-LOM and that Fett had taken them out in order to increase his share and then secretly disposed of them.

The "dead" IG droid and and 4-LOM in the Cloud City trash/furnace area always fascinated me growing up. I couldn't help but theorize that maybe they *were* IG-88 and 4-LOM and that Fett had taken them out in order to increase his share and then secretly disposed of them.

In EU there were four IG-88. This was suppose to be IG-88b, according the book Tales of Bounty Hunters. There is a whole story about it.

In EU there were four IG-88. This was suppose to be IG-88b, according the book Tales of Bounty Hunters. There is a whole story about it.

I'm not sure there's anything left in SW - no matter how deep background - that doesn't have a whole "official" story assigned to it.

To me, it kinda takes some of the fun out of it - ultimately it's about taking stuff best left to the imagination and turning it into something that can be merchandised.

Yup.:clap:hi5:

:hi5:

It was always fun to theorize about so much of what happened in between OT films or just off screen. Which is why I was so vehemently *against* the announcements of both RO and Solo. I never would have guessed after the PT that I'd ever seen SW movies filling in some of those blanks that I actually liked.

It was always fun to theorize about so much of what happened in between OT films or just off screen. Which is why I was so vehemently *against* the announcements of both RO and Solo. I never would have guessed after the PT that I'd ever seen SW movies filling in some of those blanks that I actually liked.

Rogue 1 is one of my fav Star Wars movies, I don't mind it because it felt liked it belongs right before Ep 4, they had all new characters, plus some GCI originals. All good.
Solo though gives us someone else playing our beloved Solo, just doesn't really mesh with me.
I think for the future movies to do well, they need to be linked to the original movies with the original team. Or completely new stories with new characters.
The new Star Wars series based off RO looks interesting.

ESB provided more than enough material for three years of playground arguments.:lol

I am pretty convinced I am going to use my reward points on this but can’t commit until Sideshow figures out what they plan to charge for shipping.

Re: 2018 Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne DELUXE (PHOTOS)

PRE-ORDER $794.99
Estimated to arrive 3rd Quarter 2018

3rd Quarter ended in September. My guess is this was never even close to shipping in 3rd quarter - they just wanted to signal to HT that they were further along in development than they were.

My sense all along with this release is that Sideshow got wind that HT was in early development on a 1/6 Jabba so they did a rushed announcement to say "we're close to market."

Never in the history of Sideshow have they announced such a massive, high-price item and assigned a shipping date of well within six months. This popped up in March and in theory should have shipped in August 2018 (ie mid 3rd quarter.)

Even as it is now, this will ship no sooner than one year after announcement. It's likely that Sideshow had originally planned to announce this 1/6 Jabba around SDCC 2018 and ship it 3rd quarter 2019, but they moved everything up and so it'll ship six months earlier than originally planned.

The question is - can they deliver a quality item within what seems to have been a rushed schedule?

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that there has been no actual moving image footage of this figure yet, even with an imminent release date? Yes, there was the (rather asinine) Sideshow Collectibles YouTube video from March 2018, but there the figure isn't moved at all, the camera remains completely static and none of the changeable features are demonstrated whatsoever. Indeed, the lack of seams to the mouth suggest that figure is a development figure, and thus not akin to a production piece.

I'd like to get on board for a pre-order, but this is ridiculous for such a higher-priced collectible.

I don’t know why anyone would even consider jumping on this knowing that HotToys will undoubtedly blow it away. Save your coin for inhand pics and the competition.

I know that the Krennic pre-order announcement has stolen the attention in the SW forum section but I just got through watching the Sideshow Live show on YouTube and was actually impressed with the Jabba set that they reviewed.

The switch-out eyes and arms look fine. The switch-out mouth does show a seam but it is not distracting.

Even Salicious Crumb has switch-out arms and head sculpt.

They advised that it should be shipping out very soon.

Tempted...

Jabba.jpg

I know that the Krennic pre-order announcement has stolen the attention in the SW forum section but I just got through watching the Sideshow Live show on YouTube and was actually impressed with the Jabba set that they reviewed.

The switch-out eyes and arms look fine. The switch-out mouth does show a seam but it is not distracting.

Even Salicious Crumb has switch-out arms and head sculpt.

They advised that it should be shipping out very soon.

Tempted...

View attachment 439354

That tail though, yeash

Back