1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it is one from Lonnie Hale's Hero Heads, guess I should have mentioned that. I had put some foam padding inside when I had it on my old custom, which I removed and it sits a lot better now:

I think i'm the last person to get Indy from Sideshow in another week or so. All the reviews have me waffling back n forth on keeping him. I went back through all the pic's and feel's like a keeper and just disregard all the negative reviews on youtube. Look forward to getting him in a bit.

After watching Temple of Doom i'm excited again to have him soon. I Look forward to dirty him up nice n gritty. So many little thing's could've been included from the skull cup to the voodoo indy doll. I do wonder what rooted hair could do with this skulpt? I dont know if would be possible to slice open the clear amber stone's and place a mini light inside or another way to light them up ? Maybe placing on a light could work idk ? Anyway again cant wait to get him in the collection.

Post some pics when you get him, highlander. This thread has been pretty quiet. I decided ultimately that I would keep my 1/6 collection strictly Star Wars so I ended up parting with Indy, but he was worthy of my first purchase outside the franchise.

OH for sure will spam a bunch of pic's when get him in. One other display idea i think would be very cool of a 1/6 Elephant statue but i dont think they exist at least have not found any yet. My plan is to make a rope bridge for my display from tongue depressors and ton of rope. Dont hold your breath on the bridge pics i procastinate lots and will take me long damn time to make it.

I sort of want this figure, but it still doesnt look at much like Harrison. It seems like he must just have one of these nondescript faces that is very hard to replicate. He kind of looks like an everyman if you know what I mean, and maybe that is what makes it hard to duplicate his face.

The likeness is better than some recent attempts, but its still not there. Idk if I should just get this, or be patient and wait for something else down the line. Im also no nuts about the exposed arm with the joints.

I think he look's damn good after watching temple of doom last night then comparing pic's. I'm stoked now we just need Shorty n MOLA ROMM Pleeeeeease.

If anyone is looking for a mint boxed TOD Indy I'm having to let mine go. I'll throw in a hot toys fedora and "knock off " Indy sculpt with it. Unemployment sucks .

My Indy flew in today and sideshow did a amazing job no q.c problem's very cool release. I never bought the complete dx hot toys indy used sideshow's old release parts on my dx figure still needs a body upgrade. Anyway sideshow's 1st indy release satchel bag is wee bit bigger enough to hold 3 stones no problems. I threw all the stones in both bags. Anyway my quick crappy out of box pics lol before dirty him up a bit.

Has anyone managed to close the hair seam with some mods?
What is it that's stopping the hair from making a nice tight fit? It's obviously not just a case of trimming the plastic a little inside to make a tighter fit then?

Sadly, pieces of my DX Indiana Jones have started crumbling apart. I've been kit bashing with Sideshow's Temple fig. Does anyone know how to bleach, or color the shoulder bag strap for a more "Raiders" tone?

Any help would be great. Cheers!

Sadly, pieces of my DX Indiana Jones have started crumbling apart. I've been kit bashing with Sideshow's Temple fig. Does anyone know how to bleach, or color the shoulder bag strap for a more "Raiders" tone?

Any help would be great. Cheers!

Just paint it. Or PM me and I'll sell you one of my custom satchels...

Paint will work on the fake leather? Thanks!

How much for the SS ToD head sculpt?

Paint will work on the fake leather? Thanks!

Should do. I painted the pleather jacket of my 1/4 scale Indy with acrylic paints and it turned out great!!! You may want to seal it with a matt acrylic varnish afterwards though, to prevent it from flaking off.

Back