1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC - Temple of Doom - Indiana Jones

I am sure Sideshow's painting has improved since their first Indy release and the body has to better than that one as well.

I am getting my hopes up that will be a great release. Don't disappoint me Sideshow.

Well Snake Pliskin's delay and the whole Nathan Drake thing make me think other wise but I need a 1/6th Indy, one that actually looks like Harrison for once.

hopefully these two new Luke and Indy figures mark the end of sideshows pitiful attempts at human sculpts, and that this price jump finally puts them in the real big leagues in terms of quality!

This looks like a newly developed body with a seamless arm, could end up being really useful for a lot of figures!

Very curious to see what the paint apps look like on some of the "new-and-improved" heads Sideshow has been showing off since the Hoth Han and Luke proto pics. Will they actually be able to pull that off at the factory level or are we going to get exactly the same kinds of paint apps we've been getting from Sideshow for years? They're certainly pricing these things as though they can pull it off ...

Very curious to see what the paint apps look like on some of the "new-and-improved" heads Sideshow has been showing off since the Hoth Han and Luke proto pics. Will they actually be able to pull that off at the factory level or are we going to get exactly the same kinds of paint apps we've been getting from Sideshow for years? They're certainly pricing these things as though they can pull it off ...

Thats what I'm hoping, isn't J Park like a hot toys sculptor? They have like 3 sculptors for X-wing Luke, in fact.

Thats what I'm hoping, isn't J Park like a hot toys sculptor? They have like 3 sculptors for X-wing Luke, in fact.

The sculpting has never really been a problem. Sideshow has one of the absolute best working for them: Trevor Grove. It's the final production pieces that leave a lot to be desired. The factories Sideshow uses simply can't replicate the quality HT figures have with the sculpts. Sideshow has gotten better, but they are not there yet, even though Sideshow is pricing themselves pretty much on par now with HT. The used to be about half the price of HT and the quality kinda reflected that.

I'm a huge Indy fan, so this is a fantastic surprise ... but I have to admit I'm a little dubious. Unless Sideshow can prove that they can do HT quality paint work, their new pricing structure (for their statues, too), is just getting harder and harder to justify.

The sculpting has never really been a problem. Sideshow has one of the absolute best working for them: Trevor Grove. It's the final production pieces that leave a lot to be desired. The factories Sideshow uses simply can't replicate the quality HT figures have with the sculpts. Sideshow has gotten better, but they are not there yet, even though Sideshow is pricing themselves pretty much on par now with HT. The used to be about half the price of HT and the quality kinda reflected that.

I hope the price reflects that maybe they will be using some of HT's factory's or something close to their paint apps, but yeah Trevor is one hell of a Sculptor.

I hope the price reflects that maybe they will be using some of HT's factory's or something close to their paint apps, but yeah Trevor is one hell of a Sculptor.

I can't figure out why SSC doesn't utilize the same factory HT does. Maybe they have an exclusive contract?

Most likely something like that, or HT's factory is booked solid.

However, I thought my Brothers Production Deckard had pretty good production values on the sculpt. Sure, it didn't look anything like HF (it wasn't really supposed to since it's a bootleg), but the quality of the head I thought was kinda close to HT quality.

I can't figure out why SSC doesn't utilize the same factory HT does. Maybe they have an exclusive contract?

I've always wondered that myself. Maybe HT's volume keeps them too busy to take on other work?

But then the Asmus LOTR figures are getting pretty nice paint apps, and they're half the price. So I don't know what to think!

Most likely something like that, or HT's factory is booked solid.

However, I thought my Brothers Production Deckard had pretty good production values on the sculpt. Sure, it didn't look anything like HF (it wasn't really supposed to since it's a bootleg), but the quality of the head I thought was kinda close to HT quality.

maybe they are using EB's then :D, lets just hope they finally got their paint apps fixed, I want a SS 1/6th I can be proud to own in my collection

Very surprised with this. However, I need to wait and see in-hand, production piece pics. After that Drake debacle, I am taking the photos of ALL their prototypes with a grain of salt.

Very surprised with this. However, I need to wait and see in-hand, production piece pics. After that Drake debacle, I am taking the photos of ALL their prototypes with a grain of salt.

This. :lecture

After what happened with Drake, my expectations of SSC products has fallen.

Hopefully this will come out good.

Nice to see this surface after all. I'm only interested in the head though.

Dont Drake dat head sideshow ;-) get it right

Cool! I was right they would do more but it was a bit of a wait to be right. :lol

Back