1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya just saw at think geek, those that have it would you recommend it? Kind of new to collecting is Indiana Jones something hot toys will make again? Obviously with the new movie being made they will make an older version but prefer younger Indian Jones version.

I would recommend it. The Hot Toys DX version of Indy came pretty fully loaded, so I'd be very surprised if they revisited and made a younger version of Indy. This one has a few flaws for sure, but it looks excellent in-hand, particularly if you add on some loose items like the HT jacket. And for that price on ThinkGeek, I'd definitely recommend it.

7134d773f0ba49a99878d3b5d4c8b981.jpg

Fantastic looking display. Love it.

Is the giraffe neck that prominent in person??

Ended up getting it for $141.50 shipped and stupid taxes from thinkgeek. I had a $10 code in email but it wouldn't work and so talked to them and said it would be great if their 30% coupon worked so they gave it to me. So figured I won't lose out even if I don't like it but doubt I will

Ended up getting it for $141.50 shipped and stupid taxes from thinkgeek. I had a $10 code in email but it wouldn't work and so talked to them and said it would be great if their 30% coupon worked so they gave it to me. So figured I won't lose out even if I don't like it but doubt I will

i hate you :lol This reminds me of the time when retailers couldn't get rid of the Medicom Indy figures, except this figure is so much better.

Congrats on the great deal! It's definitely one of Sideshow's best, and fairly close to HT quality, IMO. I have no regrets paying full price (minus the old $20 monthly coupon) for it.

Fantastic looking display. Love it.

Is the giraffe neck that prominent in person??

I personally don't think he has that long if a neck. Some shots really exaggerate that for some reason I guess people take really close up pictures with their iPhone, lots of distortion lol. I've also found that if you get the Hot Toys Jacket it hides his neck a bit and could remedy the long neck issues. I personally just think the figure looks better with the jacket but that's my opinion. Here's what mine looks like and I couldn't be happier with how he and his neck looks haha.

IMG_1773.jpg
IMG_1767.jpg
IMG_1760.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally don't think he has that long if a neck. Some shots really exaggerate that for some reason I guess people take really close up pictures with their iPhone, lots of distortion lol. I've also found that if you get the Hot Toys Jacket it hides his neck a bit and could remedy the long neck issues. I personally just think the figure looks better with the jacket but that's my opinion. Here's what mine looks like and I couldn't be happier with how he and his neck looks haha.

View attachment 317702
View attachment 317703
View attachment 317704

Damn, that hat is HUGE!!! :rotfl

View attachment 317702
View attachment 317703
View attachment 317704

I think the way the shirt collar stands up helps camouflage the long neck, whether or not it was designed to do that.

I think the way the shirt collar stands up helps camouflage the long neck, whether or not it was designed to do that.

Yes I agree with that. Collar definitely conceals the neck in a good way. But also Harrison Ford did have somewhat of a long neck and certain images of him as Indy show that. And also it most certainly depends on the angle from which you are shooting. Here are some pics from when I first got the figure, totally stock, with the standard TOD look. Neck IMO doesn't look that long at least not like a giraffe lol.

IMG_7293.jpg
IMG_7301.jpg
IMG_7304.jpg
IMG_7311.jpg
IMG_7312.jpg

I just got this in a couple of days ago and I really like it. The head seems a tad small but I really like the sculpt and the paint apps. The brim of the hat seems a touch undersized as well but overall a great release. I am hoping to get a whip and holster set from mfisher to take it up a few notches as I did for the hot toys raiders release. I put the treasure hunter custom sculpt on that one. Need to get some pics posted of these guys.

Got a good deal on the exclusive. Arrived on the weekend.
I was highly critical of this piece and didn't mind stating so. But this is my favourite movie ever so I cracked.

Pros:
1) others are correct. Standing up the collar on the shirt easily hides the long neck
2) head doesn't feel undersized with collar up. Best Harrison Ford sculpt and really nice paint apps.
3) in hand there is a nice distressing/worn look to the shirt not visible in pics at all. This really surprised me and I haven't seen others mention it.
4) Body shape and size feels very much Harrison Ford (as opposed to Hot Toys choice)
5) I like that there are some hands that grip the stones perfectly

Cons:
The hat is hugely oversized and whoever ok'd it should be fired
I bought a Hot Toys hat from eBay and was surprised to find it fits perfectly with no modding or forcing required and looks 10 times better. That made me happy ... and also annoyed me because it proved there is zero reason why the Sideshow one should be that bad.

I bought the Hot Toys jacket as well and it fits nicely. As a very simple barebones figure, it's unacceptable that it wasn't included.
But the flip side is it does look really nice without the jacket.

Definitely grab a Hot Toys hat regardless of eBay cost though!

All just my 2cents...

I had the SSC TOD Indy head next to the SSC Henry head today. It is so remarkable the scale difference between the two. I guess you'd argue Henry is pretty oversized and TOD Indy pretty undersized but it's amazing they are from the same company and the same line, albeit seven years apart.

I had the SSC TOD Indy head next to the SSC Henry head today. It is so remarkable the scale difference between the two. I guess you'd argue Henry is pretty oversized and TOD Indy pretty undersized but it's amazing they are from the same company and the same line, albeit seven years apart.

Yeah the original Sideshow Indy line definitely had oversized heads.
Raiders Indy looked kind of bobblehead toy to me :)

Back