1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost never pose human figures completely in profile so the neck seam never jumps out at me or is ever really visible. I really like the neck head combo like Obi-Wan and Bespin Luke, but it really does take away some subtly of expression.

When are other Freaks due to get their Indy figure? Excited to see more pics.

This is the last place indy thought he'd find one of the lost sankara stones... Wait, I know that laugh...:)
20160226_184757.jpg

24639040344_b5f656f38b_o.jpg

Swapped the gas mask bag for the one from Sideshow's ROTLA figure, because I prefer the strap. I presume the buckle can be adjusted further up the strap. I haven't checked too closely yet and didn't want to force it.

I might change it for the DX05 which is a little darker, and give the DX05 the SS ROTLA.

Also swapped the gun belt and holster for the one from the DX05.

The DX05 holster was, of course, completely wrong for the lighter coloured ROTLA which was cut-down for the S&W, and is actually a better looking Webley holster than the greenish SS TOD.

Even the slightly too short holster flap (in width) matches the screen used version:

MJholster1.jpg

He looks great kuat! Really like the open bag with the stones inside. Personally, I think the ssc rotla bag is too square and chunky looking to swap for the ToD.
Might see what mfisher is making.
The scout base looks pretty good aswell.
Maybe indy should have come with a cave floor base hugger?

He looks great kuat! Really like the open bag with the stones inside. Personally, I think the ssc rotla bag is too square and chunky looking to swap for the ToD.
Might see what mfisher is making.
The scout base looks pretty good aswell.
Maybe indy should have came with a cave floor base hugger?

The SS ROTLA is quite square, but I have it tucked behind the whip so you can't really see it. It was just a case of quickly getting a more aesthetic and more leathery looking strap onto the figure.

After checking the DX05 strap it doesn't look any darker, so I'll keep the figures as they are.

As for holsters I was considering mfisher's new TOD. But at over £65 delivered I couldn't really justify the expense.

Then I saw RavenEye's thread for the ROTLA holster: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...m-indy-belts-etsy-vigilante-collectibles.html

That worked out at half the price, and I figure could be weathered down.

That also frees up the DX05 holster for the TOD. So two Indys with one stone.

The HT holster is much better made and weathered than the SS TOD.

24902624999_1d2b0f7fcd_o.jpg

Optibotimus' review actually may have swayed me towards getting this figure at some point too. It seems a bit better than the initial pictures but I still don't think it's worth the $230 asking price. The most glaring issue is the seam on the sculpt by far. The scrapes on his face could look better and I'm not overly impressed with the blood on the back of the shirt as it looks too clean and not really natural. Other than that it seems like a fairly decent figure but I'lll wait and see if it gets discounted at some point or maybe use a coupon on it.

Optibotimus' review actually may have swayed me towards getting this figure at some point too. It seems a bit better than the initial pictures but I still don't think it's worth the $230 asking price. The most glaring issue is the seam on the sculpt by far. The scrapes on his face could look better and I'm not overly impressed with the blood on the back of the shirt as it looks too clean and not really natural. Other than that it seems like a fairly decent figure but I'lll wait and see if it gets discounted at some point or maybe use a coupon on it.

Sadly, I do think this will be one of those that will always be in the bargain bin at Sideshow.

I'm pretty sure you'll like him Lu!

I think I will! I'm relatively easy to please. While I agree the price is ridiculous (my love of the character wins over cost), I think the figure so far has looked pretty good and I'll be happy with it representing TOD.

just cancelled my order for this. what am i going to do with that extra money? put it towards the LEGO ghostbusters firehouse HQ that Opti also reviewed. i already have the IJ HT DX05, so i am sticking with that.

Back