Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish that there had been a different way to do the eyes so they look lit without having the lights actually on all the time. It kind of bothers me having the eyes look so lifeless most of the time.

Yeah, the Tama really solved the unlit look quite well, though I do like the SSC eyes lit up better.

Too bad they didn't include two heads or even if somehow the face plate could have detached and one featured the more translucent material for the light up feature and the other could have had the eyes painted to look on.

Picked him up at a local comic con this weekend and I really like him. He's about as basic of a figure as you can get but I think the detail is pretty spot on. Hell, the thumbs don't even bother me! Haha.

Attachments

• IMG_1066 (382x624).jpg
    IMG_1066 (382x624).jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 536
I won this baby in Sideshow's May Fourth giveaway. Quick question: Why are there two restraining bolts? I've searched everywhere and cannot find an explanation.

Edit: 'kay, search finally worked and it seems the second one is so that the 1:6 R2 can have a matching.

Last edited:
I won this baby in Sideshow's May Fourth giveaway. Quick question: Why are there two restraining bolts? I've searched everywhere and cannot find an explanation.

Edit: 'kay, search finally worked and it seems the second one is so that the 1:6 R2 can have a matching.

I thought it was just an extra piece in case you lost one. Sideshow Deluxe R2-D2 came with his own.

Beautiful pic!

I thought it was just an extra piece in case you lost one. Sideshow Deluxe R2-D2 came with his own.

Yes, the SS R2 did come with one, but it was a bit too large. When they released 3PO SS made it smaller. So it can either be a replacement for the oversized R2 restraining bolt so R2 & 3PO match, or it's an extra for 3PO... An extra of anything is always welcomed. :yess:

Just seeing it now awesome picture JediBear!

This figure doesn’t get much attention, but I have two pics:

46b6606450aaa17b9c8ee576aa3e9bd4.jpg

9a9aee067cc0c8b2de3ee88886836a4c.jpg

Great pics, Indy.:clap

SSC 3PO has a very kissy-kissy face.:lol

I painted out the weathering above the "upper lip" and it makes it a bit less noticeable.

One issue with the SSC 3PO is that the eyes look "dead" when the lights aren't on. The Tama looks good with lights on or off.

Still think the SSC 3PO body is the best 1/6 threepio sculpt - better than Tama and the upcoming HT T-FAT 3PO.

Thanks Talibane! I think I see what you mean about the face and upper lip. The line above the top lip probably shouldn’t be so dark, but should blend in more with the face.

Too bad they couldn’t give the eyes more of a glowing look to it somehow, instead of being so dark when the lights are off. Overall I still do really like this figure though.

And yes I do think the body of this SSC version looks excellent. When I first saw it in person I thought it looked really good. The thumbs are facing the wrong direction, but oh well. [emoji28]

I’m debating on get this figure, I can get him for about $40 shipped using my SS reward points A lot of the research I’ve done says he has some issues. I was going to wait the HT version but my HT R2 looks so lonely on display. What you guy think, should just save my reward points or buy this guy? Thanks

I’m debating on get this figure, I can get him for about $40 shipped using my SS reward points A lot of the research I’ve done says he has some issues. I was going to wait the HT version but my HT R2 looks so lonely on display. What you guy think, should just save my reward points or buy this guy? Thanks

I’d say $40 shipped can’t be beat. Even if HT does him, it looks like it will be the TFA version and I don’t think that version looked the same as the OT version even if he has a swap-out gold arm.

I’d say $40 shipped can’t be beat. Even if HT does him, it looks like it will be the TFA version and I don’t think that version looked the same as the OT version even if he has a swap-out gold arm.

The SS version has to be my favorite piece in my collection. I highly recommend it. I did fix the thumbs though, I just had to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh, my lights stopped working, the thumbs were a huge pain to fix and the face looks funky. Love the body/articulation but I'm going to have to paint the eyes now. The touch connection is pretty delicate (whereas changing the batteries requires brute force) so I guess I saw the demise of the lights coming. I did check in with SSC, but no deal on buying a replacement head.

Thanks for the input fellas, I’m goin to get him. I figure I can display him with R2 until HT puts theirs out. Then I can use him to fill the Falcon cockpit if and when that comes out. Thanks again

Debating whether to get a cheap Medicom 1/6 Threepio, is it any good or am I better off going for the SS or a HT version?

Personally I feel like the figure is just okay. I’d easily replace him. Part of me wishes I had just gotten the Bandai/Tamashi Nations release or waited for Hot Toys. There’s better figures to spend rewards points on in my opinion.

Back