Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the articulated fingers!

I fixed mine (did the thumb/wrist surgery, and shortened the third and little fingers so they are not all the same length) and like them too. The SSC hands are a bit oversized compared to the Tamashii hands.

The thumbs and the very fragile pistons were the two low points for me. Other than that he's great. Most user friendly light up feature yet and looks good too.

Oh damn! I forgot about the arm pistons. Yes they SUCK! Mine arrived busted. Ordered replacements which also arrived busted. :mad:

Also the rod on his forehead was bent way out of shape. Why they insist on using cheap soft plastic for parts like this is a real head scratcher!

If you want to feel depressed, annoyed and ripped off every time your eyes lock onto your shelf of toys, this is the figure for you.

I bought one and after opening it vowed never to buy any SS 1/6th scale figures again.

If you want to feel depressed, annoyed and ripped off every time your eyes lock onto your shelf of toys, this is the figure for you.

I bought one and after opening it vowed never to buy any SS 1/6th scale figures again.

What do you dislike about him so much?

Having said that I don't own the Sideshow C-3P0 as I have the Tamashiii version which I think is far superior.

i have both ss and tamashi. i like them both for different reasons. ss looks more like him in the head sculpt but i love the poseability of the tamashi.

I always remember everyone whinging about the Sideshow C-3P0's headsculpt before its release.

I don't really like all the oil streaks running down the side of his face.

It's a great looking figure. People will always find stuff to nit-pick on every single figure, and the yeah the thumbs are in an off position.. but honestly it's not something I ever even notice when looking at my display of ANH figures, and personally I prefer the dirtied weathered look of this one over the Tamashii.

The only real QC issue to look out for are the arm pistons. A lot of folks had those broken right out of the box (I got lucky I guess, mine were perfectly fine).

yeah. they are both great figures. my brother said the ss reminds him of anh and tamashii all the other star wars movies lol i see that too. the weathering is really not bad at all in hand. if you look at anh pics you will see the running straks on him. anyways. im not too picky and love them both

I always remember everyone whinging about the Sideshow C-3P0's headsculpt before its release.

I don't really like all the oil streaks running down the side of his face.

Yeah, I'd say the face sculpt is the weakest part of the SSC 3PO - even over the thumbs. The face is too rounded and the features too vertically scrunched together. Can't say the Tamashii face is 100% either but to me it's a lot closer.

I love the body and articulation on the SSC 3PO though. If you're careful with the pistons, you can pretty much capture all the iconic 3PO poses perfectly, and it really captures 3PO's slenderness very well.

I also really like the "eyes" on the SSC 3PO - even though it's fudged (Tamashii replicated the actual 3PO eye construction vs SSC's decal.) I needed to mod them a bit, but they really look right out of the movie, and when they're switched on it helps make the whole head look much better.

I agree, the pistons weren't a problem if you handled them with care. Some came broken but it wasn't a bad as is made out. You can pretty much get any pose from the movies which is more than you can say for some figures.

I recently purchased a Sideshow Toys C-3PO. I really like him.
b124761f6c07fd593a0943f1b8c9a34a.jpg
095e7e2ed0451435bae0d989cd6c45c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I also odered one the other day. Just waiting to get him from the States. Best version for the money if you ask me !

Plus the "weathered look" is the best look I think.

I recently purchased a Sideshow Toys C-3PO. I really like him.
b124761f6c07fd593a0943f1b8c9a34a.jpg
095e7e2ed0451435bae0d989cd6c45c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wish that there had been a different way to do the eyes so they look lit without having the lights actually on all the time. It kind of bothers me having the eyes look so lifeless most of the time.

Back