Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mercy, just got my Tamashii 3PO......you could kill someone with this thing. :thud:

Think mine weighs in at just under 20 lbs :lol

Very cool though.

I'm on vacation thru Monday :)

Deadpool was the first one I did, playing around. Wasn't really funny. I'll have to think of something better for him....

Very cool additions to my collection: :yess:

05ff9889a6f037154110eb89d109d7a5.jpg

My brother just got SS C-3PO. I know there's been some mention of the thumbs, but I don't have time to scour 500 pages. I just wanted to warn him if there was a known issue he should watch out for/avoid. Can someone sum up the "thumb issue" for me so I can pass it along? Thanks.

The thumbs were attached wrong in the final design like said above. Every figure is the same, so really nothing to look out for. It looks like 5 fingers as opposed to 4 fingers and a thumb. Some hand positions and poses can hide it ok enough, but was still a big screw up on SS's part. And they covered it up instead of addressing it and admitting to the mistake. They even went as far as replacing all the photo's on their site with the production version with wrongly attached thumbs, and even added that it was meant to be that way... Ridiculous... :dunno

Here's a pic : Top Production mistake, bottom Prototype correct.

C-3PO thumbs 2.jpg

They should have went with a ball joint for the thumb

Yeah that would have helped. What's odd is that the hands can't spin either - they have a kind of T joint.

For 4-LOM they just went with sculpted hands. Looks much better.

If that's not an official acknowledgement of a ****-up I don't know what is.:lol

It was a complicated idea to make the fingers articulated. Must have been a difficult thing to abandon it but after the deluge of hate it got, they made the right choice.

Back