Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New discount code YEAR15 works on C3PO. Just cancelled and reordered using it.

Thanks... finally ordered this guy. Now if Indiana Jones would just become coupon eligible...

I don't think I've ever had so many figs on pre-order with SSC.

Just ordered this guy with that code, the $20 off pretty much takes care of the taxes and takes on $5 off but since I ordered Artoo, I finally cracked to get this guy too.

Do you guys think it'd be a good idea to see what a HT version would look like before pulling the trigger on this one?

Definitely. ;) There's only one problem. This version won't be available at the same time as a Hot Toys version.

Do you guys think it'd be a good idea to see what a HT version would look like before pulling the trigger on this one?

No, it's the one figure that I don't think HT will touch for a while. The Tamashii is too good and SS's is pretty too.
But who knows. I would buy the Tami or 2nd choice this.

I was just going to display the R2 figure with my GG 3PO statue but having watched the Yoda News review video & seeing how good it's turned out, I'm thinking maybe the 3PO figure will be to the same high standard & I don't want R2 displayed with a subpar statue (even though it's a statue I like). :)

No, it's the one figure that I don't think HT will touch for a while. The Tamashii is too good and SS's is pretty too.
But who knows. I would buy the Tami or 2nd choice this.

They even said it in an interview that they thought Sideshow did a spectacular job on the droids… so I think them getting redone by Hot Toys will be unlikely for a while.

So the low quantity alert only pertains to the exclusive, correct? I find it hard to imagine they aren't making a metric crap ton of this guy.

So the low quantity alert only pertains to the exclusive, correct? I find it hard to imagine they aren't making a metric crap ton of this guy.

Was this alert from a recent email? I haven't seen a stock notice email in ages, which I've actually been wondering about.

I find it hard to imagine they aren't making a metric crap ton of this guy.

I agree. If licensing costs are as high as SSC wants us to believe, it's counter-productive to limit production. We see them going back to print on Boba and Vader, I imagine 3PO will be the same.

Back