Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People didn't freak out, Pixel just made so much out of it it just seemed like it :lol

Pixel? Echo... echo... echo...

I think the pistons on the Tama bother me less than the SSC Threepio thumbs. The corrected thumbs look much better but they still look a little weird,imo. Overall though I love the Sideshow figure.

Nice job Tali with the eyes, but how does your punched out pupil stay in place? is the space so tight between eye grill and eye cover that it will just stay? Or will one eventually slide down a bit and give threepio a funny wonky look lolol

Mine arrived OK and fortunately because of the good folks on this forum I knew to disconnect the outer pistons before moving the arms. Unfortunately one of the inner pistons was jammed in its slot so the connection snapped within the forearm. Given the rest of the figure is OK, I've decided to live with it rather than ask for a replacement and end up possibly with a worse one (the piston does stay in it's slot once posed). Such a bad, fragile design!

I just found out that the piston can be disconnected. They should have sent them all out disconnected in the first place...

Nice job Tali with the eyes, but how does your punched out pupil stay in place? is the space so tight between eye grill and eye cover that it will just stay? Or will one eventually slide down a bit and give threepio a funny wonky look lolol

It stays in place quite firmly (I move the 3PO around a bit and they haven't moved.) You just use a moderately thick plastic - like a report cover. You can buy the punch for very cheap.

The problem with the existing eyes is that the black dot is on the back of the clear plastic eye part, so it's a bit small and blurry. The hole was at the front of the eye on the costume, so it should look sharper and a little larger on the fig.

I love my pistons. :dunno

I think the pistons on the Tama bother me less than the SSC Threepio thumbs. The corrected thumbs look much better but they still look a little weird,imo. Overall though I love the Sideshow figure.

I love sliding the pistons up and down.

Just to be clear for the newbs, there aren't any actual/real pistons on the SSC 3PO (just a piece of rigid plastic that slides/pivots at each end) - only Tama attempted real pistons, and got yelled at.:lol

Things to do today:

1) Give my Tamashii a good pumping

2) Give my Wookiee a good futzing

12543187_437453969785981_1868019698_n.jpg

They're okay but you wouldn't have to twist my arm too much to get me to replace them (particularly 3PO) if better options were available.

Back