Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TBH, I think were already there. Thats why we want to see a fair return for the cash we drop (waste?) on these figures, and why we won't just overlook poor quality control and sub-par products

That's right. Before all our whining was just, because, but now it's because we really mean it :lecture

I received my 3PO on Friday and, outside of the thumbs, he looks great! :rock :yess:

I'll be following Galactiboy's modification instructions; although I shouldn't have to.

I reckon that'd apply to every second figure I buy. Cape material doesn't drape nicely, costume peels too easily, head sculpt isn't on point, body isn't right for the character...

What was the last figure you pulled out of the box and was perfect, or close enough, that you could just enjoy it as-is? I haven't had time or space to display it yet, but I think mine was HT stormtrooper.

I reckon that'd apply to every second figure I buy. Cape material doesn't drape nicely, costume peels too easily, head sculpt isn't on point, body isn't right for the character...

What was the last figure you pulled out of the box and was perfect, or close enough, that you could just enjoy it as-is? I haven't had time or space to display it yet, but I think mine was HT stormtrooper.

HT Stormtrooper is the only one that comes to mind for me as well. I would also say sandtrooper but you do have to put a few things together on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked up the ANH space trooper yesterday 'cause it came up on the eligible list for a gift card SS sent me. Forty dollars to ship to Oz, sheesh.

A couple Australian places have that figure, or at least they did. Popcultcha and Scifi Toys. Not sure if it's any cheaper through those places.

Plenty will disagree with me - neither figure is perfect and it just depends on what you 'see' (ie giant pistons, giant chin etc). I did have this PO'd, but between PO and release the Oz dollar tanked and it'd now cost me over $360 shipped ffs. If you're going to buy it maybe a good time is while there are plenty of replacements around?

I need to sell something before I can. Wifey is keeping an interest in my interests. She encourages me of course, but she knows I know that need to be wise and practical.

I just want a good display for my custom Jawas. The Jawas have come a long way and are really starting to look good.

Based on reviews from Youtube and concerns presented here, I think I'll pass on the Sideshow version of 3PO.

Mine arrived yesterday,and I am quite pleased with him.All joints and slides work easily,head and hands popped right off and he seems to have a fuller range of motion than the Sideshow video suggests.That being said,I have re-worked his thumbs and "de-weathered"him a bit.Oddly,some came off quite easily,while in other spots it was damned near untouchable.As I only had 70%alcohol,I used an old reliable from my days in the model shop,Coleman fuel.Does a much better job without any more risk of damage.One lens seems a little paler than the other,but I can live with it.I'd give this guy a good solid 7(keeping in mind that I don't give 10's)...PS

HT Stormy, SS Tie Pilot, Art Riddick.

Then again, it is pretty boring to just stick something on the shelf without tinkering with it.

HT Stormy, SS Tie Pilot, Art Riddick.

Then again, it is pretty boring to just stick something on the shelf without tinkering with it.

HT Luke went straight on display.

... copper hair, un-posable head and all.:lol

Got Golden Rod this weekend, only had a brief few minutes last night: thankfully nothing broken, the weathering in hand looks not bad--thankfully I'm getting older and need reading glasses--lol. Will check the eyes/electronics tonight, and maybe tackle the wonky thumbs. Otherwise pretty satisfied--but man the Can-US $ conversion was hard to swallow $350 CAD all in. Ouch....

Decided to contact Sideshow since the return window is coming up and I still can't get the head of C3PO to come off. I wonder if it was put on incorrectly because it will turn 180 degree to the left but not at all to the right.

Love to see some pictures.

You guys remember pictures, right?

Here you go! I went ahead and did Galactiboys mod on the left hand and did the twisting mod on the other. Both look fine but I do admit it was pretty nerve racking to open that hand up. I'm still enjoying this figure very much

IMG_2347.jpg

Here's one with another familiar droid
IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

Great pics! What's going on with the left arm, just below the shoulder; seems like a large open area?

Back