Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a Tamashii for around $250. Should I go for that one or get the sideshow version?

I had both, and actual prefer the SSC one, since its more ANH centric. (thumb issue is an annoyance for sure though

From the time I got an email saying I was gonna get a replacement belt for Vader, it was at least a week to get the actual email w tracking, so they must be very, very backlogged. On a side note, gonna start ordering all non EX thru alter ego: double box shipping, discounts given ala points - like Sideshow ten years ago...

I had both, and actual prefer the SSC one, since its more ANH centric. (thumb issue is an annoyance for sure though

Tough call, at $250 for the Tama it pretty much brings it into line with Sideshow's.

I'd say that in terms of having this character in a display and 'setting and forgetting', I'd go with Sideshow's - as you say, it better reflects the character in ANH. I think it has marginally better proportions than the Tama too, especially the pistons. The thumbs mod is essential imo.

But if handling comes into it, Tama is the way to go. It's a robust figure that you can handle like we used to as kids. Even with it behind glass I want to pick it up and play with it :)

Tough call, at $250 for the Tama it pretty much brings it into line with Sideshow's.

I'd say that in terms of having this character in a display and 'setting and forgetting', I'd go with Sideshow's - as you say, it better reflects the character in ANH. I think it has marginally better proportions than the Tama too, especially the pistons. The thumbs mod is essential imo.

But if handling comes into it, Tama is the way to go. It's a robust figure that you can handle like we used to as kids. Even with it behind glass I want to pick it up and play with it :)

Well said. I was waiting for your verdict. I feel similarly. I'm just very curious to see if HT will make one as I have the Tama, i'm not inclined to rush this purchase.....but I feel the desire, because it looks so good.

Well said. I was waiting for your verdict. I feel similarly. I'm just very curious to see if HT will make one as I have the Tama, i'm not inclined to rush this purchase.....but I feel the desire, because it looks so good.

Plenty will disagree with me - neither figure is perfect and it just depends on what you 'see' (ie giant pistons, giant chin etc). I did have this PO'd, but between PO and release the Oz dollar tanked and it'd now cost me over $360 shipped ffs. If you're going to buy it maybe a good time is while there are plenty of replacements around?

Took a while but Sideshow finally sent my replacement 3PO arm tonight. Kind of odd as customer service emailed me about the situation last Friday (the 22nd) and it took that long to ship. As long as it arrives in good shape and isn't broken I'll be happy though.

Anyone else still having trouble getting at least a response from sideshow. Emails not even been acknowledged let alone getting notification of a replacement part. Not sure what's up as the cs for me are usually great. Not even responding to live chat?

Yeah, they seem to be really backed up with Threepio. It took them a week to respond to my initial request offering a $25 discount on my next purchase or a potential replacement. I might have taken the discount, but with the issues I had with the paint app I really wanted a good one, so responded indicating I would prefer a replacement. That was a week ago and havent had a response since then, so it's been two weeks without any real resolution. I did a live chat to confirm that they had actually received my response, and they said they would get back to me ASAP.

Normally they're outstandingly quick, so they must be backed up from Threepio and maybe other Xmas/New Year requests? Either way, hopefully I can sort my issue out soon.

I'm drawing a blank. AE?

Too many acronyms in the world.

What Tee-Kay said. Just ordered the FO Snowtrooper from them and ordered the FO Stormtrooper back when that first came out. They have a rewards points system, cheap shipping, and the prices are usually 5% below retail to begin with.

What Tee-Kay said. Just ordered the FO Snowtrooper from them and ordered the FO Stormtrooper back when that first came out. They have a rewards points system, cheap shipping, and the prices are usually 5% below retail to begin with.

I agree with all of that except maybe cheap shipping, unless comparing that to Sideshow...

^ :lol I think I was. I should have made a note on that. The thing is though, they ship priority. So it's $9-$10 and it arrives to me in 2 days from Ohio as opposed to $18 and it takes 6 days from Cali.

I looked up the ANH space trooper yesterday 'cause it came up on the eligible list for a gift card SS sent me. Forty dollars to ship to Oz, sheesh.

I looked up the ANH space trooper yesterday 'cause it came up on the eligible list for a gift card SS sent me. Forty dollars to ship to Oz, sheesh.

They've all been $40 for a while now, even when coming from HK. Only 3PO was cheaper at $30 for some reason.

They've all been $40 for a while now, even when coming from HK. Only 3PO was cheaper at $30 for some reason.

I just checked over my order history - all the ANH figures have been $30, except for R2 (dunno why) and the Han-Chewie pack (which is obviously bigger than the standard). A lot of the SE Asian stores offer cheaper tracked shipping, but it's been nearly a year since I bought anything from HK.

$40. $55 Australian. Clazy.

SS and HT are going to kill this hobby with the prices and shipping.

TBH, I think were already there. Thats why we want to see a fair return for the cash we drop (waste?) on these figures, and why we won't just overlook poor quality control and sub-par products

Back