Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard Kenny Baker was a shape shifter and could increase his size by 10% +/- every day on the set; this so angered the prop team that when they dressed R2/Baker every day they beat him with wooden prop light sabres...

Could explain Baker's grumpiness in later life.

True rumour.:lecture

He's not really a little person....it's all an act....

For years as a kid I though R2 was bigger than me ........

View attachment 235344
Item:TC907615
Order Date:Aug 20, 2015
Item(s) Shipping Soon

200.gif

I just called SS and cancelled your order number.

We hear ya! 369.00 for us way down here. Oz dollar stinks at the moment

Is that how much it ends up? Jeebus.... I've been flexing my OT figures and refusing to add it all up at month's end. Sadly the dollar is historically about right. That glorious period of above-parity won't ever be repeated.

Love this figure...but in regards to R2, for me it's not so much the height as it is also the width. The Taito R2 dimensions are best in a side by side display.

We hear ya! 369.00 for us way down here. Oz dollar stinks at the moment

Is that how much it ends up? Jeebus.... I've been flexing my OT figures and refusing to add it all up at month's end. Sadly the dollar is historically about right. That glorious period of above-parity won't ever be repeated.

Only $350 if you used a coupon, only. :peace

Only $350 if you used a coupon, only. :peace

Bargain :lol If I stay in the game after Leia arrives I'm going to have to sell off a couple of unboxed figures I picked up at parity. I wonder what DX12 is going for these days...

Sold mine for a good price. Happy with the SS. If HT ever makes one I may pick it up as well.

To everyone who think the Taito clock looks better because its to scale: you should definitely keep your clock.

Oh, I am - both of them.:lol

They do have all the detailing of a Happy Meal toy, but overall from normal viewing distance they look pretty great because of the exact-right scale.

I find it fascinating how many fans here have a sliding-scale when it comes to accuracy.

They get angry that R2 is slightly under-scale... but those same guys will take ANH Vader and put the robes under the armor and "pretend" its ESB Vader (even with wrong helmet and chest box and glove stitching and belt boxes).

:slap

I don't know if it's a sliding scale so much as a 'selective nitpick profile'.

It accounts for what the nerd's eye will see or not see. For example I don't 'see' Sideshow R2's scale problem. I see the hell out of that seam on the dome though.

Yeah that some seam bugs me too. There's absolutely no reason for it. There's no seam on the PF.

I know but its like saying Hasbro 3PO is better because its metallic.

I'm quite certain Taito got lucky and had no idea their clock was going to be in scale with whatever its actually in scale with. Not even sure how anyone really knows the Taito is in scale anymore since HT has changed the scale game with ANH by offering all 5 main ANH heroes.

Does the clock still look better with the next gang?

I agree with your argument. To be clear, im not saying it's a "better" figure, I'm saying the scale looks better side by side. I wouldn't argue that it's better.

I agree with your argument. To be clear, im not saying it's a "better" figure, I'm saying the scale looks better side by side. I wouldn't argue that it's better.

No, I understand. I was generalizing.

Continuing though, I'm pretty sure people were using the SS Tatooine Luke and the Tamashii to judge scale of the R2 unit... and I don't think anyone will be using that Luke any further for scale testing.... so the whole Taito scale thing may be a mute point.

Back