Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys still a little wrinkled because the Sandtrooper comparison was bad? I happen to agree that the SS version of this figure is superior to Tama, and I own a Tama. This one looks more like 3PO to me. But his hands are awful. Why can't people just make the complaints about accuracy and not have it be this big political showdown? I mean, we just want them to be better. They are making tons of money off of us. They surely don't mind remaking a figure more accurate and making more money.

All I ever said about sand-gate was can we give the inquisition a rest. It had been dragging on for pages at that point and had nothing more of value to add to the conversation. I'm the first to admit the HT Sandie is way better than the SS. This comment was more light-hearted humor in relation to a few comments across a few threads over the last few days that were just utter nonsense and pure SS bashing because its the cool thing to do. If a figure is good, its good and if its bad, its bad. I don't care who makes it. I have SS and HT in my collection.

Anyways, my C3PO has been updated to "shipping soon" although no charge has hit my CC yet. Just my luck (and all those other Aussies) that this is billing on a day we dropped 3c thanks to China's sharemarket issues.

I see. I sometimes feel that SS takes a beating, when in actuality they are improving their quality substantially every year. That said, some things do deserve criticism, what's unfair is making a statement that HT will most assuredly make a superior version. Sideshow has knocked out some quality items, in my opinion.

In regards to "sand-gate", most of that could have ended a lot sooner if the guy who posted the video acknowledged what others were saying and didn't go into defense mode without having the ability and substance to support his argument. Opinion is one thing, but you actually can point out improvements from one figure to another, based on screen accuracy and other things many of us were looking for. I completely disagree that the conversation was pointless. Lot's of great stuff discussed and hopefully the guy doing the review learned something. That was hard to tell because there was not much acknowledgement in that regard.

Unfortunately, it seems to be the nature of this hobby that something better is going to come out relatively soon after a purchase is made. As a relatively new collector this is already starting to annoy me.

What Solo_Bones said

I was actually hoping that even though R2 was scaled too small he might still look correct next to Threepio since sideshow developed them at nearly the same time.

Now I'm thinking about selling my R2 because the size difference looks too far apart to me.

I hated the medicom R2 for its puny scale, but the size of Sideshow's R2 doesn't bother me at all next to the Tama 3PO, which I'd assume would be the same size as the Sideshow 3PO. I hope it doesn't bother you when you put them together, that'd be a shame.

*snip* I completely disagree that the conversation was pointless. *snip*

I felt, at the time I made my comment, that the discussion had devolved into repeat, rinse, repeat.

I hated the medicom R2 for its puny scale, but the size of Sideshow's R2 doesn't bother me at all next to the Tama 3PO, which I'd assume would be the same size as the Sideshow 3PO. I hope it doesn't bother you when you put them together, that'd be a shame.

Yeah, I think the "undersized" argument is a little thin. He's not that much smaller unless you're comparing to promo shots. Compared to whats on screen he's close enough. I think they will look great together. Of course I could be eating crow when I get it in hand.

Yeah, I think the "undersized" argument is a little thin. He's not that much smaller unless you're comparing to promo shots. Compared to whats on screen he's close enough. I think they will look great together. Of course I could be eating crow when I get it in hand.

Unless it gets hit with a QC problem, this pair will look great together :)

I went in to my office today and looked at my shiny clean 3PO. If only I didn't care about keeping my figures in original condition. It really needs a weathering job.

I felt, at the time I made my comment, that the discussion had devolved into repeat, rinse, repeat.

Dunno - the undersize thing hits me pretty much every time I look at my SSC R2. It's just an unfortunate thing that SSC miscalculated, because all the other (excessive) criticisms of the figure to me had little to no merit and I really love how it came out.

It's the biggest 1/6 scale R2 available.

The Taito R2 is pretty much exactly right 1/6 scale-wise. It can be painted and made to look pretty great, but it's nowhere near the quality of the SSC R2 and has several errors in sculpt.

One issue may be that every published height for R2 seems to be incorrect and doesn't line up with what's seen in the films.

One issue may be that every published height for R2 seems to be incorrect and doesn't line up with what's seen in the films.

Yup, I do not thing they built this guy without looking at the specs......But what we see on film often is not what the specs really are. I have been amazed at seeing props and costumes in museums and how different they can be in scale to what I see on film.....

photo.jpg
Item:TC507655
Order Date:Aug 20, 2015
Item(s) Shipping Soon

200.gif

I heard Kenny Baker was a shape shifter and could increase his size by 10% +/- every day on the set; this so angered the prop team that when they dressed R2/Baker every day they beat him with wooden prop light sabres...

Could explain Baker's grumpiness in later life.

True rumour.:lecture

i'm pretty pumped to get this guy! i used my pennies from my PC order on the trooper 2 pack i picked up for $318 last month... which was a steal!

picked up 3po for $186 shipped with the pennies. couldn't pass it up!

i'm pretty pumped to get this guy! i used my pennies from my PC order on the trooper 2 pack i picked up for $318 last month... which was a steal!

picked up 3po for $186 shipped with the pennies. couldn't pass it up!

Yeah, pretty pumped to be adding this guy. And glad I got the EX. Wonder how many are gonna try to customize the other arm to make it look damaged?

Got charged bright and early this morning. I honestly forgot I had ordered the EX or that there even was one. Feels like the PO went up years ago. :impatient: :lol

Oh well. Bonus!

Also CHARGED!!!

I hope the UPS notice comes tonight. Will receive tomorrow! Pics, thoughts and potential tears will follow. This figure ain't cheap in CA, even with the coupon.

Back