Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone been able to get through to Sideshow this week? Every time I call it says I'm calling out of business hours (I'm not), and the "Live Chat" feature goes to "E-Mail Us" (which it only ever does outside of business hours.) Is it possible they are still on holiday this week?

I've contacted them via live chat a couple of times in the last week

Maybe they recognize your phone number. :)

I just wanted to tell them about all the 3PO errors.:dunno:lol

Seriously - it's weird, they seem to have been closed all of this week and I have two orders I need to discuss.

I've contacted them via live chat a couple of times in the last week

I just called again now and it says I'm calling outside business hours and the Live Chat button goes to "E-Mail Us" - same thing happened yesterday around this time and the day before. Guess I'll just keep trying.

Hopefully someone here lucked out on the wait list. I had to cancel my exclusive today

Tap'd from my 6 Plus

Has anyone been able to get through to Sideshow this week? Every time I call it says I'm calling out of business hours (I'm not), and the "Live Chat" feature goes to "E-Mail Us" (which it only ever does outside of business hours.) Is it possible they are still on holiday this week?

I just got through and cancelled an order. They charged me for one that didn't include my discounts and reordered with discounts, but then charged me for both. So, they are answering.....if you're calling about an order, anyway.

Clearly you missed the forum memo, but you aren't allowed to like or post anything positive about SS product on this forum. Any reference to SS figures must be made in connection with how Hasbro looks better and Hot Toys will do a superior version in a few weeks.

Now head off to the HT threads for re-education and conditioning.

On a side note, so looking forward to this. This and Leia and then I'm out...

....until ESB releases.

You guys still a little wrinkled because the Sandtrooper comparison was bad? I happen to agree that the SS version of this figure is superior to Tama, and I own a Tama. This one looks more like 3PO to me. But his hands are awful. Why can't people just make the complaints about accuracy and not have it be this big political showdown? I mean, we just want them to be better. They are making tons of money off of us. They surely don't mind remaking a figure more accurate and making more money.

Are the hands bigger than they were in the prototype? Looks like they're the same to me and we're just getting some lens distortion making them seem a bit bigger. Many of the full shots of the figure in the proto shots had the fingers bent making them appear smaller, so even though they're probably a bit oversized, they likely always have been. Just funny that these were a source of excitement due to the articulation (still think they should be) and suddenly they're in the minus column.

2171-c-3po-004.jpg

2171-c-3po-015.jpg

Just cancelled my Ex. version. I've got to many things I collect to drop another $230 on this right now. My display cases are full anyway. Not sure where I was going to fit him in.

I suspect the hands are suffering from foreshortening in the pics and they'll turn out fine in-hand.

It's the knees that look too big to me.

I hope this turns out great for everyone who's bought it. In my mind Threepio is shiny so I find this version a little washed out. But I'm looking forward to being proved wrong by more pictures.

I just got through and cancelled an order. They charged me for one that didn't include my discounts and reordered with discounts, but then charged me for both. So, they are answering.....if you're calling about an order, anyway.

Yeah, finally got through - they said it was really high call volume and online chat has been down for a few days.

Could be the rains. We have horrible rains happening right now.

Cue Travis Bickle monologue...:lol

Are the hands bigger than they were in the prototype? Looks like they're the same to me and we're just getting some lens distortion making them seem a bit bigger. Many of the full shots of the figure in the proto shots had the fingers bent making them appear smaller, so even though they're probably a bit oversized, they likely always have been. Just funny that these were a source of excitement due to the articulation (still think they should be) and suddenly they're in the minus column.

2171-c-3po-004.jpg

2171-c-3po-015.jpg

One thing that bothers me is the height.

Vintage-C3PO-Rap-Video-Featuring-R2-D2.jpg

R2-D2's dome should be inline with C-3PO bottom part of the torso.

Sideshow shows R2-D2's dome is inline with C-3PO top part of the hip.

So who is tall or who is short?

In the promo shot R2 is on risers. But it's not just the height. Sideshow's R2 is slightly undersize if their 3PO is the same size as the Tama.

edit: what Ebor and Pixel said

One thing that bothers me is the height.

R2-D2's dome should be inline with C-3PO bottom part of the torso.

Sideshow shows R2-D2's dome is inline with C-3PO top part of the hip.

So who is tall or who is short?

SSC R2 is too short (actually overall too small, not just height) - by about 10%

edit: what Ebor and Pixel and Lejuan said :lol

What Solo_Bones said

I was actually hoping that even though R2 was scaled too small he might still look correct next to Threepio since sideshow developed them at nearly the same time.

Now I'm thinking about selling my R2 because the size difference looks too far apart to me.

Back