Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is something I could see picking up for cheap, if I were able to and had the extra funds, to use the outfit and the like.....no way on that headsculpt, though...no way.

Appreciate the review gogul1. To me this looks acceptable but only after a full repaint of the head and hands. If it came with a better price tag it would be tempting. We can always cross our fingers for a Spooktacular discount.

man i'm so bummed this turned out as bad as it did... i was so dying to get a decent beetlejuice figure in my collection. for the money and overall quality of this thing from all the pictures and such... guess the wait goes on! maybe on a bargain bin sale or something... but that price for what they put out is insulting!

This has been delayed till March or April. They must have made six in total and now that those are sold they are going back and make six more. Hahaha

Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

They made only one pass at this thing.....and the edition size is small.....so they really will not need to adjust the price.

I am worried this will be a very small edition. Sideshow obvious saw the tidal wave of negative comments, since they had to erase them all from Facebook.

Despite having an entire year, they apparentlyhad no interest in correcting the figure and ensuring it would be a success, not even getting the paint on the hands right, which didn't even require a redesign.

The regular edition has vanished form their website, so they're only selling the Exclusive.

The regular edition is still available, it's just the ex went off waitlist either bc people started canceling seeing what the end result was or SS was playing games putting it on WL in the first place to make it seem these were selling. Even if it somehow did sell out without going on sale, there is no universe that this is worth the price they're asking. That they were giving out discounts before it's even in stock is so telling this is a dud product.

Edit: Just realized this is $5 more expensive than the new Hot Toys Batman and $10 more than the arkham asylum Joker. Madness.

Last edited:
Yep. This thing turned out as horrible as expected. Maybe Robbie can spit shine this turd and show us that there can be hope.

There is a good figure in there. The problem is SS is putting it behind a $250 price tag. At that price tag it should be fantastic out of the box and if I want to tinker with it that's my choice. As is it's a train wreak of a figure for $250. As has been stated it's a sub $200 figure.

I do think SS has been paying attention and went the minimum edition size to make a profit on this figure. This figure will become sought after once it sells out. And I hate that because I do want it, but not at MSRP (or aftermarket prices)

The thing that is galling is that Sideshow justified its price jump by citing the cost of the Star wars license. Well, last time checked, Beetlejuice is owned by Warner Bros. This was pure greed on their part.

The license isn't the issue it's the pure crap sculpt they supplied. Had this been a solid sculpt like Caines then the price would of been justifiable especially with real hair but to pay the price then an extra $300-$400 for a paint and sculpt you've almost spent $1000 on a figure.

This is Sideshow's problem not the license holder sideshow should of noticed how bad the sculpt was when people told them. They should offer what Big chief done with Amy pond etc they should offer an extra sculpt. :dunno

This is Caines painted and haired by 8 bit commando.
13331068_1194193580619424_6501251734085480625_n.jpg

Last edited:
I see Keaton in the sculpt, but yeah the expression isn't what most of us had in mind :lol

The final sculpt and paint match the prototype pretty well, which is rare for SSC, so that's a good or bad thing depending on your opinion of the prototype.

$240 is a ridiculous price though....:dunno

That should be a $135-150 figure, IMO.

Price is the only thing stopping me from buying this figure.

Even that sculpt need work....its light years beyond SS , but still lacking.....something around the forehead area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But you could say that about every sculpt. No sculpt is perfect it all really depends on the viewer and what they are willing to accept. I'm pretty forgiving on sculpts than most, but as prices creep higher and higher I'm less forgiving. Caines sculpt and SS's figure I would have considered a purchase. There was never any consideration on plunking down any cash for what SS has to offer.
Even that sculpt need work....its light years beyond SS , but still lacking.....something around the forehead area.

Oh thats true, had the sculpt looked more like Caines...they would have had a winner...

Back