Sidehow won't do anything w/ its 1/6 Marvel figures like it has not w/ 1/6 DC!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c3_d2

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I was so excited a year ago at SDCC 2014 when Sideshow announced its 1/6 Marvel figures line! But since then only Deadpool has gone up for pre-order for $230! OUCH!

This is same as SS 1/6 DC figures announced ay SDCC 2012 the 1 st 5 which have taken 3 years to arrive! And they don't look much better than 13" DC Direct figures which were as low as $70!

Sideshow said in an interview that SS was working feverishly on 1/6 DC and they would sell for around 130 like SS 1/6 Star Wars and GI joe at the time. I expected the same fro 1/6 Marvel one day.

I can only imagine what ARMORED Marvel figures like Iron Man and Dr Doom will cost! Sheesh! Too expensive and too few releases!

Remember 15 years ago when SS 1/6 Universal Monsters and James Bond figures were only $40 each?! Then starting in 2006 SS 1/6 Star Wars were $50 each!

SS said Wolvie is coming but he's been pushed back repeatedly due to problems with his suit I think.

Anyway, you're right about one thing - Sideshow's retail price for their dollies. They're asking Hot Toys prices and can't deliver Hot Toys quality, most notably in the bodies they use, the portrait likeness and the portrait paint apps.

I'd love a comic inspired Iron Man for my collection and I hope Sideshow can nail it but Hot Toys is the gold standard for IM figures and I won't buy one that is sub par in any way, shape or form to those.

Always wanted a Dr Doom 1:6 and was hoping SSC could tackle him but it looks like the Mouse House screwed that from ever happening.

As I said last time...when you stated it was the suit...it's the body. Not the suit but the body. This is from an official SSC rep.

mentioned:

"Wolverine's torso threw us a bit of a curveball so we had to figure out some engineering which took a little bit longer than we had hoped. With that said Punisher whom you saw previewed in the announcement video will be completed before Wolverine and will likely be up for order before Wolverine. Will that be before SDCC? I'm not sure, but he will be at SDCC barring any unforeseen issues."

I said "problems with his suit I think", and as you should know by now I don't read 99% of your content so don't be surprised I miss anything you post from here forward.

They need to figure out those price points if they want to continue, its just too high for the quality they deliver

You should read it. Considering he is right.

Nope. It's better to call me wrong all the time, while staying he doesn't actually read what I write. And obviously what the company says. Makes you wonder where he gets his info. Fantasy made up land seems to be about it.

Nope. It's better to call me wrong all the time, while staying he doesn't actually read what I write. And obviously what the company says. Makes you wonder where he gets his info. Fantasy made up land seems to be about it.

I didn't call you "wrong" here. Keep making up words and putting them in my mouth in your fantasy world. :lol

I heard it was the suit they had issues with and are trying to engineer new material for it...

The quote I posted is from that rep and that thread. It was copied over to the wolverine thread. So what he said is it's the body.

The quote I posted is from that rep and that thread. It was copied over to the wolverine thread. So what he said is it's the body.

Yeah, the one where they talk about having to engineer new material to accomodate wolvies arm (other materials were just tearing) thats the one im talking about

Back